Interesting mail

DisneyJen

Have just returned from my jaunt down the driveway for the mail (actually I am on the look out for our cruise docs).

I did receive mail from SeaDream today ... but not my documents. I received the new SeaDreamer newsletter, the new SeaDream brochure and a letter (standard form but addressed to us personally) from Bob Lepisto asking us to share the brochure with friends and family.

Most interesting though was the paragraph about the space available on the Holiday cruises as well as space on the Thanksgiving cruises.

Just wanted to share:D

You mean for Xmass? I have to go to the web site. You dont think they are having problems?

I heard that Silversea is having some financial problems and has a $200million loan or something due very soon that they may not be able to pay....let's see.....

Xmass.....I have to go check. NOW THATS Cool!

Dan I wouldn't worry ... I think they are trying to fill the ship. I suspect they did not fill as many cabins as they initially projected and need to change the pricing.

Looks like a back-to-back for you Bill:p I would love to do the crossing that FT is doing and then the repo that we are doing... maybe next year:o

In any event, I think they have our sailing fairly well booked, since the price has skyrocketed in the last month or two. Sailings after us are still reasonable.

I would caution, however, that the Thanksgiving sailing has a higher probability of shark bait ... errr ... unruly children on board. :)

Disney Jen --

I also got the new brochure and newsletter. Did you notice that they now list "individual orders" of cavier as not included in the price? Glad they caught up -- but no news about taking the slot machines out.

I called to make final payment on our 8 Jan 06 RT Barbados on Friday -- but checked the website prior to calling and noted that the GTY rate for that cruise is down to $1699!!!!! Of course, they gave me the rate -- that's almost 50% lower than when I originally booked a deck 2 cabin! And, it appears there are no kids and (obviously) no groups. Maybe we'll have the ship to ourselves? Don't know why it's not full -- maybe because it's just after Christmas and Barbados isn't that easy to get to?

I don't know if Thanksgiving would be a problem with rug rats or not -- we did the 04 Thanksgiving cruise and had two well-behaved teenagers on board. That was it. Maybe that's still more of a "over the river and through the woods" holiday than Easter.

95 days to go!

Vandrefalk

Archived