Spa Question

Spa Question (Grandeur)

1. Is there anyway to pre book spa treatments?

2. On an earlier post it was posted that some of the treatments seem more like a sales pitch for products - how do you keep that from happening?

3. The FW (future wife) could really use a massage but has never had one - any recommendations based on experience.

Thanks

Privateer-

How nice of you! While I'm not real sure of pre-booking spa treatments, we had no problems booking once on the ship. We just got off the RCCL/NOS (Western) and the first day during boarding, they had a 'Spa Tour'-so we decided to go. They had a raffle/we entered/won a $40 off coupon toward a spa treatment. The tour was nice, gave us a chance to see the facilities/pick up a price listing. We ended up booking a 'Couples Float Massage'. It was great-it's a massage & then you lay on this 'float bed'. Then, we switched. At the end, the guy did try to sell us products-we just simply said 'no'. We booked this for our last day on the ship (a sea day)-right before dinner. It was a nice way to end a super week!

You should always book as soon as you can.....when you board if that's possible. The sea days book up first. On some lines you get a discount if you book on a port day.

Yes....I really don't like it when they try to sell me all sorts of products after the treatment. I usually say let me think about it......nicely but firmly. Once in a while there might actually be a product that would be worth buying....so think about it.

I am engaged to a former Steiner (company the services the Spa with staff etc...) I asked him your questions and this is what he said...

Your first question about prebooking, he has never come across anyone who has prebooked and suggested you contact RCI directly. Or just get to the Spa as soon as possible when you board.

Now about the products, keep in mind the person doing the treatment gets very low % of the sale of any product. A simple 'no thank you' will do, generally they are under a lot pressure from their manager to sell. So just like any of us, they are just trying to keep their boss of their back.

As far as a treatment, my honey recommends the Swedish for a first timer. It is a more mild treatment, a Deep Tissue may leave her sore for a day or two. Not something she would want on vacation. My personal favorite, is the Hot Stones Massage, its to die for! With any treatment the therapist with adjust pressure to her comfort so really can't go wrong.

Let us know if you have any more questions, we love to help :)

Archived