Price protection question

KatieBug28

Hey all!

I have a quick question about price protection. I tried to call and get a price match and I'm questioning what the Carnival rep told me.

I booked on board my last cruise, and booked an Early Saver fare. We also got $150 in onboard credit for booking while onboard.

Well today the cruise fare price has dropped $160! Yay! As I understand it, I should be able to take that off the amount I owe for final payment, which is great. However, the rep I spoke to told me that by doing so, it will drop my onboard credit down to $100, instead of $150. That seems odd to me. Why would the amount of OBC change?

Obviously it's still a better deal and I will take it, but I'd love to keep that extra $50 in OBC if possible. It's not a huge deal, but it just seemed really weird to me that I would lose that. When I asked why, she said it was because I was making changes to my reservation, but I don't want to change rooms or anything, I just want the price protection. Any help is much appreciated!

Got it figured out! I didn't realize that my $150 was broken down into two different promotions, I thought it was all one lump sum. I didn't realize it, but we'd received an extra $50 from a promo that was happening when we booked, and only $100 for booking onboard. I thought the whole amount was from the onboard booking, so that's why I was confused.

I ended up taking it and saving $110 overall, so that was great! Check your price protection, you may have something!