Our Fabulous "Escape" review w/lots of pics, information & dailies 12/12/15

VegasChic

Thanks to all for the feedback on the supper club. One more question I have is with the unlimited beverage package. Can we obtain the drinks at any bar or at any dining restaurant? Also the surcharge that we prepaid does that cover the gratuities? Of course we will tip extra for good service. Looking forward to the remainder of your awesome review. Thanks a million!
Below is a link to the T&C.

https://www.ncl.com/terms/ultimate-beverage-package

Bars and restaurants on board as well as Great Stirrup Cay are covered. The surcharge of 18% covers the gratuity.

Awesome Review so far!! Did Cane Garden Bay have facilities to change and use the restroom? I read that some of the beach excursions on Tortola didn't have restrooms or places to get drinks. I see you guys got drinks, but was wondering what else was in the area. Again, thanks for your review!

Great review so far. We are thinking about booking the Escape. The dining package is part of the perks NCL has going now or you can choose the UDP. I noticed you said you couldn't get reservations at LaCuchina and LeBistro for the week. Did you find it difficult to get any reservations or just certain times? I was thinking we would select the UDP but if we can't get in at LeBistro or others, the UDP might be the better bet.

Let me know! Thanks!

Back onboard.....

We headed to O'Sheehans for lunch.....

20151216_160539-1_zps9mvnz8sg.jpg

_MG_3381_zps1rct3vzg.jpg

_MG_3382_zpsszfxhjdc.jpg

I ordered the BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger....

20151216_145552_zpswbephqgf.jpg

Followed by dessert..... Marshmallow Cheescake Brownie!!

20151216_151051_zps3v4fqgdj.jpg

nearby, a merengue dance class was in progress....

20151216_143914_zpsvjwzaroh.jpg

Ultimate Beverage Package!!

The UBP was a bonus offer when I booked along with many other 2 combo offers. This was great as I love to eat and drink! So I chose the Dining and beverage package for my husband and I. We had to prepay the gratuities for these packages. The UBP was $80.64 per person and I totally got my moneys worth. My Husband is a wine/scotch/whiskey/beer drinker and I'm purely wine/beer. I ordered wine at mostly any bar but most bars only had a limited selection of wine which is why I made the extra trip everyday to The Cellars. I always tipped the bartenders an extra dollar or two but I gave Ian at the cellars $20 from day one as I knew I would be spending a lot of time here.

I never encountered an issue ordering drinks nor was ever denied a drink anywhere. My husband ordered a drink that was over the $15 limit and he just had to pay the additional $3 I don't know what it was maybe (Johnnie blue or red???) We ordered drinks at all the specialty restaurants and was never denied or charged.

One Day I made a cash payment on our account and in reviewing the charges I noticed some minor bar charges. When I asked about the charges I was told that they charge tax for drinks while in port in Miami. I had forgotten this!

The Ultimate Beverage Package was well worth it as a bonus offer (no complaints here).

Ports:

Nassau: Shopping - Plus new security policies (beware!!) Had a hard time getting back on the ship b/c I didn't bring my daughters passport when I got off

Wonderful report with awesome pictures [emoji2].

Thank you so much [emoji2].

Could you please give some information about the new security policy? We will be on the next sailing and would prefer to know what to do to avoid any trouble [emoji6].

Thank you very much.

• 3 months later...
Our cabin was exactly as expected. We had the bed near the closet and that was a nightmare there is a tiny gap inbetween the bed and closet made it difficult to get to. However, I enjoyed having the sitting area near the balcony as I would always have the balcony open when getting ready or having my morning coffee. Thankfully, all our clothes and things fit perfectly. My issue with these cabins are that there are no drawers not even one and no amenities in the bathroom which is not really an issue for me as I always bring my own regardless.

On the desk were some goodies from NCl and from a friend:

A latitudes letter, inviting us to the Wine and Cheese Social on Monday 7:00pm (only for latitudes members). Also, 25% off of laundry service (does not include dry cleaning) and priority disembarkation with two yellow luggage tags. Lastly, there were some delicious Godiva Chocolates from NCL and a bottle of wine from my friend with an NCL branded bottle opener.

IMG_3014_zpsnv8jmhq2.jpg

Later, they delivered chocolate covered strawberries from my friend.

20151212_224809_zpsz5msykcl.jpg

View of the entire room from the balcony, my hubby in the background putting a generic card in the power outlet.

IMG_3024_zps5afwjpnx.jpg

IMG_3017_zpsvckpfqx6.jpg

IMG_3015_zpsdllznej2.jpg

The hair dryer worked well no need to bring one. The sitting stool served as a table as well just remove the wood top when sitting.

IMG_3019_zpsrpghwlsw.jpg

FYI... there are drawers under the couch.

Loved your review! Disappointed that something took you away from finishing! Hopefully you'll have some time to finish up! From all the reviews I've read, they sure seem time consuming!!

• 10 months later...
Chorizo Pamplona (mmmmmm)

20151213_183350_zpsvhfkgtcp.jpg

20151213_183401_zpspirlfvif.jpg

Iberico Jamon (yummy!)

20151213_183512_zpsj1neamnr.jpg

Croquetas de maiz (not my favorite)

20151213_183639_zpsxgnzyagi.jpg

Iberico Secret - Pork flank steak chimichurri (deliciousness!)

20151213_183658_zpsuh34z1gd.jpg

Pork Belly Montadito (OMG!)

20151213_183800_zpsbs2vcxx0.jpg

Salivating here. I still have a 9 month wait til our Escape cruise. Counting down.

• 1 month later...