Are kids allowed in The District Brew House or The Cellars on Escape?

broadwaycam

im sailing on the 1st panther playoff game day and wanted to bring my 12 year old son to wherever the game is playing - if it's at district, I can't bring him for the game? I booked this cruise well before cam newton's perfect season - who knew Charlotte would clinch the division let alone 13 and 0!

It's always been my experience that if a game is available to be shown somewhere on the ship, then it's also available on your cabin tv. I know that wouldn't be as fun, but at least your kid wouldn't have to miss the game if it's important.

I'm sure the games will be playing in a number of venues...

With all of the kid friendly options on these ships, I really don't understand why parents feel they have to take the kids absolutely everywhere they ever go onboard...

Do you take your 8, 10, or 11 year old kids to bars on land?

That's what these are ...straight up bars.

Edited by projectorguy1

I'm sure the games will be playing in a number of venues...

With all of the kid friendly options on these ships, I really don't understand why parents feel they have to take the kids absolutely everywhere they ever go onboard...

Do you take your 8, 10, or 11 year old kids to bars on land?

That's what these are ...straight up bars.

I would prefer not to bring my son to an adult venue so I'm glad to hear there are options to watch our team make the Super Bowl. But if district were the only place showing a playoff game then in my opinion the ship turned it into a family venue for 3 hours.

I would prefer not to bring my son to an adult venue so I'm glad to hear there are options to watch our team make the Super Bowl. But if district were the only place showing a playoff game then in my opinion the ship turned it into a family venue for 3 hours.

I understand and agree totally...

I don't understand why they never play mainstream sports at the "sports club" venues. They do show a little NFL, and soccer, but little else.

Strange because I could not find it on the freestyle daily uploaded here on CC. The only bar marked with 18+ was Spice H2O. Same for the bar description on the ncl.com website.

The District was 18+ on my cruise. It was marked in the dailies and also at the entrance.

im sailing on the 1st panther playoff game day and wanted to bring my 12 year old son to wherever the game is playing - if it's at district, I can't bring him for the game? I booked this cruise well before cam newton's perfect season - who knew Charlotte would clinch the division let alone 13 and 0!

If they are showing the game and you want to watch it with your kid it should be on the TVs at O'Sheehans as well as District.

Strange because I could not find it on the freestyle daily uploaded here on CC. The only bar marked with 18+ was Spice H2O. Same for the bar description on the ncl.com website.

They have a sign post in the middle of the entrance to district that says "Adults Only." I believe CamaCama has a photo of it in his extensive review.

When we were on the ship, we noticed that, in addition to the note in the Freestyle Daily, there is a stand with a sign outside the District Brewhouse clearly stating the age limit. I think given the unique nature of the venue (only place on board with a broad craft beer selection and the limited space available), it makes sense to limit it to adults. Perhaps the age limit could be listed next to the specific activity in the Freestyle Daily to avoid families showing up and being turned away.