Celebrity Reflection, Deck 6

kayehall

I am looking at the balcony's on Deck 6. They all seem to border this blue are which I figure is a roof from Deck 5. Maybe? It seems really odd. Has anyone ever had one of these cabins? Does the crew walk around on the blue area much?

Also has anyone ever had an OV forward looking out over the front of the ship? Any opinions on these cabins?

Kaye, Below is my review of our Deck 6 cabin on the Reflection:

SHIP: Reflection

CABIN #: 6291

DECK #: 6

CLASS: Veranda

AREA: Aft

BED NEAR: Balcony

QUIET?: Only during the day. Extremely loud all night

BALCONY VIEW: Classified as obstructed, but really not

BALCONY SIZE: slightly larger

WIND A PROBLEM?: no

SOOT A PROBLEM?: no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Worst noise ever on a ship with no sleep. The cabin is directly above Blu and its kitchen. Every night (between 11pm and 6:30am) there was intermittent banging and clanging below us. We complained for 4 straight days, repeatedly. We were finally moved to another cabin - 6102, for the final 3 nights (which was better, but morning noise to due anchor). Would NOT stay in either cabin again.

Worst sleeping experience on a cruise and guest relations was not really concerned about it, despite our constant calls. The cabin next to us was complaining as well. We were each provided a $250 voucher on a future cruise on the last day of the sailing. I think other areas of deck 6 are probably fine. Choose wisely!! Liesl

Just had 6292 on Reflection. Blue platform in front of balcony. No issues for us. Looking out it was almost like you had this large party deck (except you cant walk on it...:-) Great view looking out. We did as guarantee saved a few hundred dollars all together so we did not find it any issue. We actually did see a crew person one time walking on it when were in port one day. I remember being thankful we were both dressed....LOL!!!

Just had cabin 6176, Cat. C2 (or 2C), balcony with obstructed view. We were directly above the shops, so noise was not a problem. Our obstructed view was the top of the lifeboat. You couldn't look directly down into the water, but had a perfectly fine view looking out to sea.

Kathy

Just had 6292 on Reflection. Blue platform in front of balcony. No issues for us. Looking out it was almost like you had this large party deck (except you cant walk on it...:-) Great view looking out. We did as guarantee saved a few hundred dollars all together so we did not find it any issue. We actually did see a crew person one time walking on it when were in port one day. I remember being thankful we were both dressed....LOL!!!

Had 6294 two weeks ago on Reflection above Qsine. Had 6302 a year ago. Minor noise around 6-6:30am a couple mornings, probably cleaning. Last 8 2C cabins on either side above blue roof had balcony almost 2 ft deeper, easy lounger lay out. SEE PIC I have seen notices in DB if there were going to be crew out on roof beyond balcony doing maintenance.

6294_Reflection.jpg.eacdd160109601f8959e0bd813975629.jpg

we were on Equinox, had 6305 and 6304 on two different cruises. We had no problems with noise. The extended balcony on these verandas are for the roof area of the restaurant on deck 5. You can not see down directly into the water because the railing is in four or five feet in from the edge of the ship. But you have a nice view directly out.

We also had the OV on deck 6 on Infinity. cabin is same as Veranda, but the window does not open. on Infinity the window looks out over the helo-pad

we saw no one out there except for maintenance. We had to close our curtains at night or they will come and knock on your door and tell you to close them. Not a problem with this cabin either.

I have been in these cabins and had no issues with noise, etc. Both were obstructed view, with the top of the lifeboat being even with the floor of the balcony (6194) and looking down to the deck below (6219). So we could look out, but not down to the water.

Reflection - 6219

Silhouette - 6194

On my next sailing, which is at the end of this month I got a GTY and was assigned 6300. I'm a little nervous about being near the back, due to possible soot issues, but there is a review for 6300 that says there were no soot issues, so I am hopeful. 6300 is pretty far from the elevators, but I love to get my steps in, so it doesn't bother me. I have read and also remember that the aft balconies are like steps of stairs. The folks above you can see down onto part of your balcony.

Honestly, even with 6219 being right near the iLounge, we didn't experience any undue noise.

Edited by irishgal1970

We sailed with our college aged kids on the Silhouette and they had an ocean view cabin facing forward, on deck 8, center. The cabin seemed a bit larger floor space-wise, due to the angle of the outside wall. Overall though, it seemed smaller due to less natural light ( even though the window is large). You can't see out when sitting down, only when standing. The view is good ( but not as good as a balcony[emoji6]). Interestingly, on this ( Western Caribbean December cruise) the price of our balcony also on deck 8 went down to only $100 more than the ocean view. We decided not to upgrade the kids ( figured that $200 could be spent where they would appreciate it more, and to induce them to spend time with us on our balcony, which they did!). But for myself and DH the balcony is worth the extra dollars! And FWIW, we love the forward cabins on decks 7 or 8. We have never experienced significant motion ( in 4 cruises), are close to the elevators/stairs ( we would go up or down and walk to pool or dining via the public space corridors, loves the walks!), and LOVED watching the bridge and the docking process ( would not book a cabin forward on deck 10, 9? as it appears the bridge obstructs your views at port approaches and there is more of the feeling of being on display; admittedly the bridge crew can see you on your balcony on any of the forward deck cabins but it didn't bother us as we were a bit more removed-they were very friendly!) PLUS we enjoyed looking DOWN without obstructions (we enjoyed looking at the water motion plus at ports in the Caribbean, you could see fish! And the whole process of docking is visible and interesting). I know you didn't ask about the forward cabins, [emoji41] just saying that the $200 more per cabin than the forward ocean view cabin is well worth the money and I see benefits over other balcony locations as well!