Checking cruise baggage at Gatwick

Hi all,

Have never cruised with Thomson before, so don't know score. I have just read the following paragraph on an email I have just been sent, and hope someone can answer my question:

Important information about MONTEGO BAY

Before you check in your bags in the UK you’ll need to visit the Thomson Cruises stand. We’ll security seal your bag and attach your cabin number here in the UK to speed up the process at the other end. So there’s no need to collect your bags from the carousel when you land in Montego Bay, just make your way straight through to the Arrivals Hall.

Two questions really, can you still check in the night before if you need to take your bags to the Cruise Stand and is the Cruise Stand obvious?

Thanks

Hi Mark,

You can't check your bags in overnight if you are going to the Caribbean.

Cruise holidays

You can drop off your luggage the day before if you're going on a cruise holiday, except when you're flying out to join a Thomson Cruise in the Caribbean, Dubrovnik or Malaga - Costa del Sol. This is due to luggage and medical screening requirements.

Not sure about the stand. When we flew from Gatwick to the Caribbean in 2012, Thomson staff came to us and put labels on our bags. I think there was a separate queue for cruise passengers, but things may have changed.