Jewel of the seas redeployed

I got an email this week from RCI letting me know that the Jewel has been redeployed so no cruise for me. We booked in October for a short 4 day cruise from Rome on the 17th August.

Luckly it was part of a driving holiday, so no flights etc to cancel. But hotel bookings and an apartment booked were all centred around the cruise departure.

Anyway a bit more planning to do now as we have got 4 days to fill now, only bonus is not doing the drive from lake garda to Rome.

I had 2 rooms on this sailing too, and got the email. RCI says its because they chose to cancel it and use it for another 7-day sailing elsewhere. Too bad they chose not to offer any price protected rooms, as i'm right now stuck as I initially had an SI, and now have to face $1k extra in room costs). Unfortunately, I think they're hoping everyone just cancels outright based on the options provided.

• 2 weeks later...

We cancelled although no refund as yet. Really disappointed with rci. As I said in my email to them, instead of them planning what I could do when they knew it was cancelled, they should have informed passengers at the earliest opportunity. Also compensation was non existent.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk