Dolphin encounter

hedy7813

An add on to the excursions on our recent Oceania cruise in Cozumel was a Dolphin Encounter and/or swim. We were shuttled to "Dolphinaris"....right on the water not too far from our dock. Our excursion included beverages, buffet lunch and, of course, the swim or encounter. We were fortunate to only have 3 people in our group working with 2 dolphins. You stand in about 3 feet of water on a ledge. You are shown how to tell the dolphins what to do. We got to stroke them, "shake" their flippers, have them jump up out of the water and, of course, get kissed. We were in the water for about 40 minutes. Those on the "swim" got to swim out to the middle of the area (everyone wears a life vest), wait for the dolphin and then be pulled back to the edge by the dolphin. I was most happy with just the encounter! Pictures and movies are taken that you can buy if you wish. I had a smile on my face the entire time!!!

I'm glad you had a great time. I did the swim at Dolphin Discovery at Chankanaab Park. The programs are pretty comparable. We did the thing where they pull you back by the dorsal fins, then we also did a foot push, which was amazing. I had a great time with mine as well.