Solo on Quantum/Anthem?

Newbcruiser1

Hi all,

I have cruised 10 times, 3 of which were solo - allure of the seas, celebrity summit, and NCL Epic. All in all, the Epic was my favourite as I met so many other solos in the Studio Lounge and never had to eat dinner alone!

I'm considering a last minute cruise on the Anthem. They have both anytime dining, and dynamic "classic" late-seating available. Has anyone been on either the Quantum or Anthem solo? Any thoughts on dining? I loved my cruise on the Allure but I felt quite lonely as I was placed at a table for 4 with a party of 3 that never showed up again after the first night - talk about awkward! I prefer to dine with others for dinner, whether that's the same table every night, or at a "random" table with others.

My other options would be the Oasis of the Seas, or the NCL Escape or Getaway. I'd prefer NCL for their studio lounge, but the prices are awful for solos right now, and the Canadian exchange rate adds insult to injury.

I cruised solo on the Quantum last Jan. Loved it. Hoping to book the Anthem soon. I really like dynamic dining. After the first couple of nights I noticed they would ask before seating me if I would prefer to dine alone or with others. Dynamic classic should assure you have table mates most if not all nights, The only exception would be if the rest of the table choose a specialty restaurant on any given night

Dharish,

Did there seem to be enough solo dining seats when or if you requested it using the dynamic option? In the last cruses I went on it seemed there just wasn't enough solo table set-ups in the MDR, although they were smaller ships (RCCL and Celeb) and I haven't been on the Quantum.

Dharish,

Did there seem to be enough solo dining seats when or if you requested it using the dynamic option? In the last cruses I went on it seemed there just wasn't enough solo table set-ups in the MDR, although they were smaller ships (RCCL and Celeb) and I haven't been on the Quantum.

I had prebooked all but one of my dinner reservations and never waited longer than the time it might take to clear a recently vacated table once it was my turn in line. And I never waited long in line either. I think the Quantum class was built/furnished with the idea that most parties would be choosing to eat with only those they were traveling with. More two tops and four tops.

The windjammer was tough during standard breakfast and lunch times for parties of any size, the disadvantage for solos is I could not take claim a table then take turns with my party getting food.

And I could be wrong but I think all the two tops at Jamie's are by the railing so you could feel like you are on display to everyone passing by