One Day NCL Spirit Cruise Questions from SFO

beckers

1) How much are drinks? Beer & wine?

2) Will their be a buffet lunch available upon boarding?

3) Will you have a sail & sign card for purchases?

4) What time is embarkation?

Thanks ! My friends are going and I am so jealous I want to go :(

It appears we don't know. On another thread there was some information about the departure times on some of the short notice cruises out of San Franciso, I would look at that thread.

With the departure time nailed down, the lunch question and the boarding question becomes easier to answer.

The drinks prices have been listed many times on this board, but at whatever price, cruisers will drink.

The only question I can answer is yes, there will probably be a room/key/charge card. Otherwise you couldn't enter your locked cabin.

Why wait for answers, there is a search feature to this message board.....

:D Hello

I did a post for this cruise as well,,

I called Orbitz and was told that its like a regular cruise , everything is open and you will get a sign and sail card /room key, prices are the same,,, 10/$ beer JK ,,,,hahahaha

the 1day cruise starts to board at 2p.

so it doesnt leave much time on the ship ,

we were going to go, but we are booked on the star 8day mexico in Jan

and i think Lake tahoe is calling me,,,,, hahahahaha

check out www.cruises.com

if you book ,they are the cheapest,

if you go let me know how it was,,,

theres still avail cabins on the 2day on that website last time i checked today

:)

take care

melissa

check out www.cruises.com

if you book ,they are the cheapest,

We book directly with NCL, and after seeing the link to O here, I checked out the prices. I was shocked to see how much less they were. HOWEVER, once we got to the part where they added in the fees and taxes, the total price was identical to what we paid NCL.

Don't you have any patience? These short cruises from San Francisco are one-off cruises. They aren't regularly scheduled cruises.

The questions you asked can only be answered by those who have received their cruise tickets and papers. Obviously, no one has them yet.

1) How much are drinks? Beer & wine?

Price for a bottle of wine vary from $18 to $58, with the vast majority being less than $25. Prices for drinks vary, depending if you're buying the drink of the day, and if you're also buying the souvenir glass, and if you're buying them during Happy Hour. Beer prices also vary, depending if you're buying domestic or imported beers.

Your three part question is almost impossible to answer with an easy answer.

2) Will their be a buffet lunch available upon boarding?

Yes, if you're boarding after 11 am. since no one knows exactly when the boarding times are, and that it'll probably will be different between the one day, two day, and 5 day cruises, you have asked another impossible question to answer. At least you could have narrowed the question down to a specific cruise.

3) Will you have a sail & sign card for purchases?

this question was answered already. Yes!

4) What time is embarkation?

See my answer to your question number two.

my sister just booked this cruise and there are a lot of rooms avail still

but yes they start boarding at 11am, and the ships leaves at 3p,

all the other info is correct,,,

as far as i know they will email you travel docs,,, since theres not enough time,

have fun if anyone goes

melissa

My understanding has always been that these "one day cruises" or "cruises-to- no-where" are usually trips scheduled by the cruiselines (all do this) to allow travel agents and large cruise specialty brokers the ability to get on a ship (often complimentary or deeply discounted to these volume dealers) and try things out first-hand, even if only for one day. Also these are often used by the cruise line's in-house agents and management to get to know their product better.

These trips were never really meant to be real cruises, per se....but because there are often more cabins than needed for the agents/employees, they sell the excess cabins. They are truly meant to be look-around experiences.

People that reserve these cruises should realize that they are not getting the real cruise experience, but rather a "hurry up and enjoy yourself!" overnight! These aren't bad things....just the reality of why they are offered!

I see that the sfport web site shows the spirit docking the day before on the 14 th. Since there are no passengers disembarking on the 15 th. I would think they would allow early boarding.

This particular cruise was not created for travel agents. The 1-day, 2-day, and 5-day cruises were created because the Spirit will have completed its dry dock refurbishments 8 days earlier than expected (because of a contracter issue, not all planned work will have been completed). So I think we'll be getting a real "cruise experience", albiet a very short one. I am looking forward to the cruise and seeing all the changes that have taken place on the ship.

Archived