Specialty dining package "freestyle choice" Jewel

So,

My wife and I just booked an oceanview on the Jewel and received 2 offers from the freestyle choice promotion. We of course chose the beverage package and then also the specialty dining (includes 4 nights). I read enough places to understand the ins and outs of the beverage package but the dining package....I am a bit confused.

So, as of 1/10/16 from what I gather, several of the on-board specialty dining venues will be moving to a'la carte pricing. Moderno's and Teppanyaki are the only two that I see will not be moving to a'la carte. Cagney's, La Cucina and Le Bistro will all have a'la carte pricing by the time we sail 1/31. Does this mean we will not be able to enjoy these venues?

I am just wondering if we will only have the two to choose from. If so, the dining package feels really restricted. This will be our first time on Norwegian, hope there aren't surprise exclusions everywhere along the way.

From my understanding, using your SDP at an ala carte restaurant gets you your choice of entree and any number of appetizers, sides and desserts.

I don't know if some premium entrees are excluded. I also don't know how it works with the "entree-less" venues like the sushi or tapas places. The idea of using an SDP night for all-you-can-eat sushi sounds pretty grand!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk