Where's the Liberty Today?

nycruise

Yes, they should be in Venice today...but of course the webcam is dark now so I don't know what you were seeing. Could it have been aferry passing with cars on it? If you looked just before you wrote, they should have been docked. If you looked early in the morning, they may have been coming into Venice, and some of the areas they pass have cars and buses.

Can't help you otherwise.

Anybody recognize the port? The map says Venice, but I see Cars! :confused:

http://www.mediacons.it/infocarnival/ShipInfo.asp?name=Liberty

The liberty docks right next to the main road into venice. You actually walk on streets with cars to get to the Vaperetto station. Cars can pull right up to the boat taxis/vans etc..

Ah... I did not know that. We were one of the two trips that docked a few bridges away from St. MArks. So I did not realize cars were that close to the other pier. We saw them on Lido and on ferries only.

It was funny seeing the ambulances and delivery boats, not having dawned on me that of course the ambulances would be speed boats!

The liberty docks right next to the main road into venice. You actually walk on streets with cars to get to the Vaperetto station. Cars can pull right up to the boat taxis/vans etc..

Exactly where in "Venice" did the ship dock? As far as I'm aware, cars are not allowed in Venice proper. :confused:

Archived