question about booking excursions

jw01

We sail in 10 days. So today is the last day to book excursions online. We know what we want to do and they are both currently available. My question is whether it makes more sense to book online or onboard. I suppose the difference in my mind is that it's hurricane season...if a lot of crazy stuff happens on the cruise and we get onboard credit, then it would go towards the excursions only if we had booked onboard. Is that right? Are there any other reasons to book online vs. onboard?

Thanks for the input...

If you have your heart set on these trips, I would book them today. There are long line-ups to book the excursions once on the ship and wouldn't you rather be relaxing when you are onboard? Also, things tend to sell out fast, so if they are available now, I would grab them.

As you say, if the itinerary changes, you will get your $ back so this way you don't lose out.

Cheers,

I know that either way we will be able to get our money back.

I was just thinking that if they give $100 in onboard credits or whatever because of hurricane issues, then it would be nice to be able to apply that towards the excursions that we do get to do. (We won't drink enough in the bars or use the spa enough to take advantage of any onboard credits.)

Of course, hopefully we won't have a hurricane and it will be a non issue!

I know that either way we will be able to get our money back.

I was just thinking that if they give $100 in onboard credits or whatever because of hurricane issues, then it would be nice to be able to apply that towards the excursions that we do get to do. (We won't drink enough in the bars or use the spa enough to take advantage of any onboard credits.)

Of course, hopefully we won't have a hurricane and it will be a non issue!

book now before you board as what you want to do may fill up before you get to the excursion desk. If its canceled they credit it back to your credit card

Actually, if it's cancelled it goes onto your SeaPass account.

Barb

book now before you board as what you want to do may fill up before you get to the excursion desk. If its canceled they credit it back to your credit card

Barb

Barb

Really?? If I have a positive value on my SeaPass account when I get off the ship, will it go back to my credit card as a positive credit?

Barb

Really?? If I have a positive value on my SeaPass account when I get off the ship, will it go back to my credit card as a positive credit?

I imagine so. But I can't really imagine having a positive value :p

Barb

I imagine so. But I can't really imagine having a positive value :p

Barb

If you book an excursion before you board, it is charged against your charge account. If you cancel that excursion it is credited to your charge account. If you have a credit, as we did, at the end of your cruise, it will be credited to your charge account. I think I said that right. Cathy

If you book an excursion before you board, it is charged against your charge account. If you cancel that excursion it is credited to your charge account. If you have a credit, as we did, at the end of your cruise, it will be credited to your charge account. I think I said that right. Cathy

If you cancel an excursion before the sail date, it is credited to the account you charged it to. If an excursion is cancelled due to weather or such, like the OP is afraid of, it is credited to your SeaPass.

You had a credit?:eek: I'd be proud. It'll never happen to me:(. We drink too much...:D

Barb

Barbyma - It would be credited to the Sea Pass I'm pretty sure. We took an excursion that was paid for before we left home, didn't make one stop so I complained. We got half the price of the excursion credited to our Sea Pass. Actually, when I complained I was not looking for anything but I thought RCCL should know that the entire excursion was not being done. When I asked the tour person she said they haven't stopped at St. John's (in Barbados) in years. The reason we had a credit was we took an 11 day cruise which we booked on a previous cruise (credit of $200), then we own stock (credit for another $200). Since excursions were already paid for and we're not big drinkers, we had quite a bit of money left. We're doing the same cruise in January but should have another $200 for a coupon. We should have enough for our deposit on a 7 day - I hope. Or, maybe we'll just have to force ourselves to have a few more foo-foo drinks. Looooove them Love Connections!!! Cathy

If they owe you money you can get it the last night. Go to the Front Desk and ask if your account it finished up. If they say yes ask for your refund if it is a positive value. They will give you a check which you can cash at the desk or take home with you.

Barbyma - It would be credited to the Sea Pass I'm pretty sure. We took an excursion that was paid for before we left home, didn't make one stop so I complained. We got half the price of the excursion credited to our Sea Pass. Actually, when I complained I was not looking for anything but I thought RCCL should know that the entire excursion was not being done. When I asked the tour person she said they haven't stopped at St. John's (in Barbados) in years. The reason we had a credit was we took an 11 day cruise which we booked on a previous cruise (credit of $200), then we own stock (credit for another $200). Since excursions were already paid for and we're not big drinkers, we had quite a bit of money left. We're doing the same cruise in January but should have another $200 for a coupon. We should have enough for our deposit on a 7 day - I hope. Or, maybe we'll just have to force ourselves to have a few more foo-foo drinks. Looooove them Love Connections!!! Cathy

Even with all that, I still wouldn't have a credit!:p We'll be getting a lot of credits on our next (booked on cruise, shareholder, whatever else we can dig up!), but no hope for ending in the black! I think the drinks really add up! Also, we'll probably book most of our excursions directly this time, so any refunds will go to CCs.

Barb

Archived