P&O Pacific Eden drink cards

Is there something specific you want to know? It's $79 per day and that includes soft drink, small bottles of water, tea and coffee, beer, wine and cocktails up to and including the value of $12. Valid in all bars and restaurants. You have to book it by the second day, ie you don't need to buy it for the first day so you can think about it after you board. Then you have to buy it for everyday of the rest of your cruise, except for the disembarkation day. Every adult in your cabin has to buy it too. The desk where you purchase it is practically the first thing you see as you board the Eden. Hope this helps

Husb and I received premium beverage package as part of our booking on Pacific Eden May 2016.

As this is our first cruise ever, have wondered what drinks would be included in the package. I did see a wine List somewhere on CC, and it showed only 6 white wines (3 of which were Chardonnay - yuk!!), 1 was some really sweet variety which left 2 wines that MAY suit me.

Just wondering if the list I saw was the only list - or do the wine lsts vary depending on restaurant or bar?

Also, cocktails, as our package,only allows for drinks up to $12, do all the cocktails fall within the limit??

I'm really hoping the reviews improve as if the cruise is a fizzer, I may never get my husband on another one - took me years to convince him to try!!

Cheers

There are more white wines than that. There were a couple of NZ Sav Blancs which is what I drink so not sure what else but yes, chardonnay would see me overboard and swimming home! the drinks do vary between bars/restaurants. Most of the cocktails are $12 or less, there are a few premium ones that are more, but the usual pina colada/toblerone type ones are covered. Plenty of choice in the $12 ones.

I hope the reviews improve too. My review is basically the only positive one on this site. We enjoyed it but it truly comes down to expectations. The people that we met on the cruise weren't being negative either so I think mostly people that are unhappy write reviews and people that are don't bother to. If you go on a cruise and expect a 5 star resort you are going to be disappointed. If you want a very reasonably priced holiday where you can do everything at your own pace and can live with things like the amount of choice at lunch not including all your favourite foods then you will be ok. I eat anything so I thought there was plenty of variety but other people seem to have felt differently. it is all personal experience. I know what you mean though my son and partner were at best ambivalent about cruising and it took them about 24 hours to become addicted to it and we have now done 3 in less than 2 years. I hope you have a great time. I am sure most of the issues people are having are teething problems that will be sorted out by May. Good luck!

Suzanne

Wonderful- thanks Suzanne!!!

Yes, I have wondered if the reviews written are mostly just the unhappy people - and There are people who will never be happy. Have noticed the % of happy cruisers is increasing - now up to 23% (lol)!!

Mostly, I'm concerned about food/drinks and hygiene. As long as we can get hot food, cold drinks and a clean environment, we will make our own good fun times!

Thanks again!

Cheers Chenin

23% wow! things are looking up! You are spot on, there is no pleasing some people. One thing for sure is you will never go hungry and they are very obliging in the restaurants. If you don't like your meal you can ask for something else but I have never had to do that. Drinks are plentiful and luckily for you FREE which is a real bonus. I think the cleanliness is fine too. Tip your room steward on the first day and they will look after you very well. Hygiene is done properly. Our cruise had norovirus and they were washing surfaces every 15 minutes so they do the best they can to stop it spreading but you cant do much about people who takes their germs on board. Because it is a small ship it doesn't have quite as many activities as the larger ships but that can be a positive if you want to relax as my partner did - he had to endure being dragged to trivia by me a couple of times a day.