Thinking of giving up FFTF

I also have FTTF for our Dream cruise in Feb. I really think I am going to cancel too. I have thought long and hard and really don't think it's worth it on this cruise. Also, I know I will make someone else really happy and can spend my money on something to make me happy (like a DOD, everyday)!

Just got off of the Valor this morning (great time) and even though we had an OS this time (btw, I thought I was hooked on balcony cabins, now its worse with the OS, so much room, storage and love the Jacuzzi tub after a long day in port, prefect size for the 3 of us) I continue to purchase FTTF until we make platinum.

Having the cabin ready immediately is huge for us and love being able to drop the carry-on off, put the soda and water in fridge, change if need be, have that first glass of wine on the balcony and relax (we get onboard as early as possible to make the most of the entire day). Also, the VIP GS line is basically nonexistent and spending less time in any line at GS is also something that I use more than I thought I would. When we went up to grab a bite last Saturday after dropping off the bags several people asked us where our stuff was (some thought that there might be a special area they could leave their items until cabins were ready), we told them we had FTTF and our cabin was ready and waiting. Also, the remainder of our luggage was outside our cabin door by noon (we boarded at 10:50am and was in our cabin by 11:00). I am OCD about unpacking immediately and putting everything away so it works very well for us.

I would keep it. ;)

Edited by Drazil65

(Funny how many people don't read the entire thread.)

I'm sure you're going to have a great time on your S2S! I've only been on Princess a couple of times and really love the line. There's no coffee card for purchase on Carnival, but you do get a "Buy a Bunch, Get One Free" card at the coffee counter. I also really love the carrot cake that's available there. I think it runs around $3 for a massive slab suitable for 2.

Thank you! I am sure we will have a great time. I love carrot cake. Funny, my favorite to date is from Golden Corral and we stopped going there. I guess I might have to fork out some money for me a slab of cake :eek:

Thank you to the rest of you who replied. Your thoughts were taken into consideration before I made my final decision.

Happy cruising!

We were on the Liberty in September with the fire and had purchased faster to the fun...let me tell you it was a lifesaver. Now the chance of you having problems are extremely slim, but faster to the fun saved us hours in line to talk with someone at the desk. Will never be without it again, my husband and I both absolutely agree.

• 2 weeks later...

We had previously purchased FTTF for our Breeze cruise, but are now Platinum so don't it,

my problem is I don't now where to E-Mail or call to accomplice this. Can anyone help? I did not use a PVP to book this cruise.

If it were us, we'd keep it.:D:D

Cabin being ready when you board, for us, is HUGE!

Also, the "special" line at Guest Services is well worth it.

Completely up to you, but, again, I would keep it.

Whatever you decide, have a great cruise!!!!!

I agree! As well as priority tendering...Keep it!:)

Before we were eligible for the perks, I would have always purchased FTTF. I remember how frustrated we would get trying to roll our carry-ons around the Lido and finding a table for lunch where we had room for them. Not being able to take the stairs and waiting on elevators that were also full of people with carry-on bags. That alone is worth the money, FOR ME.

Also, the tender priority is a great perk. It doesn't mean you have to be first off the ship. I love not having to get up super early to get a tender ticket. We get up and have breakfast at our leisure and then guest services takes us to a tender when we are ready.

I also love getting my luggage early, unpacking and starting my vacation!

I realized the OP has made their decision but responses do help those of us still debating.

This is our first Carnival cruise but we have a few other cruises on other lines under our belt.

I was tempted by FTTF but decided against it.

First we are not the type to bring huge carry on bags. Probably be one or two small beach bags between the 4 of us. Not sure why people are lugging around huge bags that they are talking about?

Second is the Canadian dollar being so low. $60 x 4 people is like $300 for us. Insane! We could do couple excursions with that.

It would be great to have our room ready but I would rather have 90 minutes of inconvenience over an 8 night cruise than spend $300.

I don't see us going to GS much but if we do - oh well. I only recall going once on our last 3 cruise and that was to get change for the tolls back to Orlando. LOL.

As for luggage during lunch. Kind of a pain but grab a table and have one person stay with the luggage while the rest of the party grab their food.

We don't have tenders on this cruise.

Edited by KathyF.

I realized the OP has made their decision but responses do help those of us still debating.

Second is the Canadian dollar being so low. $60 x 4 people is like $300 for us. Insane! We could do couple excursions with that.

For what it's worth, it's $60 per room, not per person.

We just finished our first-ever cruise and FTTF would have been nearly a complete waste of money for us. We didn't really have a desire to be on the ship first-thing, so we arrived at the terminal after noon.

Yes, the FTTF line would have saved us about 15 minutes at check-in in the terminal, but once we were checked in we were able to walk straight onto the ship and our room was ready. We dropped off our carry-on bags, grabbed lunch on the lido deck, and our bags were just arriving when we returned to our room.

The only time I saw any line of significance at guest services was on the final night. The two times I had questions I didn't have to wait at all.

We only had one tender port, and the only wait we had was waiting for the next tender to arrive -- FTTF wouldn't have had any benefit there, either.

To each their own -- I know a lot of people here swear by it, but for us, especially with not "needing" to be on the ship as soon as possible, it wouldn't have been worth it at all.

Anyone know if having a suite entitles you to the same perks as FTTF, or is there additional added on perks for the extra money? Just wondering, because the suites are pricey compared to other rooms.

There are additional perks. A suite only gets you priority boarding. No room ready upon boarding, expedited luggage or priority tendering.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk