Open Questions

vlf467

I just read that room service items are not free!?!?!? Is that true? It is very misleading if true. Please tell me what drinks are included in the price of the cruise, when I can drink and where? I am thinking of just buying a few vouchers for sodas if I need one. Is coffee, iced tea and water included? How do the paying restaurants work? I am only familiar with Disney and not MSC ways. Can we eat as much as we want in the restaurants? Try a few different things? Traveling with family in a Fantastica Balcony room July 2016. Thank you.

I just read that room service items are not free!?!?!? Is that true? It depends on the "Experience" you have. "Bella" all items and delivery are chargeable. "Fantastica" breakfast , very limited choice, is free with free delivery, at other times items are chargeable but delivery is free.

Room service menu is very limited , some sandwiches and fruit plates, not much else (in Europe at least not sure about the US)

It is very misleading if true.

Please tell me what drinks are included in the price of the cruise, when I can drink and where? Very basic fare; tea; "coffee" (if you can call it that) ; Tap water; fruit squashes.

They are available at "drinks stations" near to the entrances of the buffet and some outside eating places.

I am thinking of just buying a few vouchers for sodas if I need one. Is coffee, iced tea and water included? Sorry I'm not up on the US drinks packages. being UK based.

How do the paying restaurants work? I am only familiar with Disney and not MSC ways.

Can we eat as much as we want in the restaurants? Yes , just ask your waiter to bring what you want, remember that dinner is 6 or 7 courses

Try a few different things? Yes

Traveling with family in a Fantastica Balcony room July 2016. Thank you.

Check out this thread for the details of room service in Fantastica

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2224649

Pete

Thank you for the information. Others feel free to respond as well. Thank you.:)

Call me crazy but I loved the free coffee of the buffet! It was very strong, so after some experimenting I achieved the perfect balance of half mug of hot milk and half mug of coffee, Yum! Also I was pleasantly surprised by how much cheaper the drinks was then I thought it would be. You will be fine :-)

Edited by Bra_BE2014

Thank you for the information. Others feel free to respond as well. Thank you.:)

I sailed in the Yacht Club on the MSC Preziosa and that has been our only experience on MSC so far.

I would think that the buffet area is available for all, regardless of your room type and experience you bought. Perhaps these videos would be useful for your reference.

Buffet breakfast in the buffet area.

[YOUTUBE]IIMfGkDDH2w[/YOUTUBE]

Buffet lunch.

[YOUTUBE]XTNNERCn8Go[/YOUTUBE]

Buffet dinner

[YOUTUBE]5K2ZlYP3-yY[/YOUTUBE]

Buffet at tea time

[YOUTUBE]iR_L9o5AkE4[/YOUTUBE]

Call me crazy but I loved the free coffee of the buffet! It was very strong, so after some experimenting I achieved the perfect balance of half mug of hot milk and half mug of coffee, Yum! Also I was pleasantly surprised by how much cheaper the drinks was then I thought it would be. You will be fine :-)

Yes, the pricing of the drinks, coffee etc on board the MSC Preziosa was pretty decent. They don't try to rip you off while you are on the ship. Very good.

[YOUTUBE]szu-wHRIem4[/YOUTUBE]

I can't abide the free coffee whether at breakfast in the MDR or at the buffet. The stuff you get at any bar (espresso, cappuccino, latte etc) is fantastic and worth the extra cost, unless you go for the all inclusive Allegrissimo package then it doesn't cost any extra at all.