Island Beach Break w/Lunch VS. Bacab Jungle Park (please answer ASAP.have to book now

bizzylady

Which one is better for an excursion in Belize? Island Beach break w/lunch... OR Bacab Jungle Park? For the Island Beach break -- is the only thing to do -- sit by the water or swim and eat/drink? AND... for the Bacab Jungle Park -- if we do NOT do the biking or horse-back riding tour, then is the only thing to do.. .sit by the pool/swim and eat/drink? (I think I remember reading there is a walking tour -- but I am wondering how good that really is and I hate bugs, mosquitos, etc. Is it a good tour?) and which one of these two would be better? ? My husband and I are in our mid 50's. Thanks for any recommendations or suggestions, tips,etc.

The beach break is OK. Nothing special. It wasn't a particularly beautiful place (although to be fair, it had been storming overnight and that might have caused the water to be murky), and it's manmade, so lots of concrete showing through the sand (which actually makes it easier to walk around the island). We enjoyed it because we love the beach and just bobbing around in the waves. Lunch was OK....chicken, rice and beans, and potato salad. Drinks were expensive and watered down. They had an elvis impersonator for entertainment, and there was a "tide pool" with lots of starfish, conch, and clawless lobsters to touch. One great thing about this is that we were taken straight from the ship to the island. No tendering to shore first. With all that said, I would go there again.

I've read great things about bacab, except that after the 25 min tender, you have to get on a bus for another 40 min. Plus there is no beach! The pool does look nice though.

We considered the Bacab thing with Princess but after seeing a video on it on Youtube we decided it looked a little lame. I think the swimming pool in the middle of the jungle just didn't seem right to me. Who knows, maybe others have liked it. It just didn't seem like the right thing for us.