i love this board..but a potential voodoo ??

ladyduarte

i am new to this board as my first cruise is with princess in Nov, and you all are so great and nice

well i strayed i posted on carnival about a possible cruise with my childres in feb 05, we are also going on RCCL dec 05, we are trying all 3 then base our decision on what we like best

but just from word of mouth i am thinking carnival is not a wise choice, you all seem to like rccl a little 2

just looking for input on us and our 2 kids 11 and 14 for carnival triumph

what do you think anyone taken it or even been on carnival and liked it?

thanks for the help

you are the BEST board icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Lesa

LOL. icon_smile.gif I have never cruised Carnival, but each cruise line has it's differences from the other. Good idea to try others to get the experience. Maybe you will like one better and find a home, and maybe you will find you like all of them, and choose one over another to cruise because thats what you are looking for at that time.

Sue

7 days on Star Princess 10/24

Well, it's been many years since I've cruised with Princess-over 10. We have an Alaska cruise planned with Princess this summer, and I've heard nothing but good things about Princess. I've more recently cruised Royal Carib, Carnival and Celebrity. I will most likely never cruise Carnival again. I think that if there was a MAJOR price difference, I might consider it. Then only if it was a matter of being able to afford to go and not going at all.

We were convinced by a travel agent that Carnival would be the best fit for our family as we were taking our two sons ages 19 and 17. He said there would be more to do that would interest them. There wasn't. Most of the activities seemed to veer toward sales of some sort.

The food was not nearly as good as the other cruise lines.

The ship itself (Elation) was quite nice, no complaints there.

I don't want to scare you away from Carnival, because I know everyone has very different tastes. This is just my experience.

I do like Royal Carribean. I've cruised with them 3 times previously and will be sailing with them next month. The food and activities are much more to my liking than Carnival.

Lori

My 4 year old had the time of her life on the Triumph, I'm quite sure it doesn't mean much for you, but I have to say the Triumph was a wonderful ship and we all had a grand time, so there!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;5;22;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Diamond Princess HERE WE COME! Alaska has never been so cool! 5/22/04

May 31, 2003 Carnival Triumph to Western Caribbean.

We have cruised Carnival twice in the past year, Spirit and Victory, with our kids 5 & 7.

Had a great time. Camp Carnival is great, the kids really enjoyed it. We had a great time.

I am looking forward to our no kids cruise on Caribbean Princess icon_smile.gif but I think Carnival does a wonderful job also.

Susan

Victory CTN CAN'T WAIT!!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;6;15;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

voodoo?? did you perhaps mean taboo?? icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

I hope there is no voodoo!! icon_biggrin.gif

Margie

Celebrating Our Parents 60th Anniversary - Legend of the Seas to Mexico 9/5/04!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;9;5;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Join Our Legend Roll Call Here

Our Dawn Princess Caribbean Medley Family Cruise 11/23/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;11;23;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Join Our Dawn Roll Call Here

Windjammer-Flying Cloud 1991

Carnival Elation 1999

NCL Sun 2002

Star Princess 2003

Legend of the Seas 2003

When it comes to teens especially those from 15 to 17 it's pretty hard to please them when your on a ship. From info from our friends who have taken their teens on ALL cruise lines is that MOST of them cater toward the younger kids with their programs.

Most lines have a disco for the teens but usually close them at 11 or 12 so the adults can get into them.

We have 2 boys who were hard to please as teens on variuos vacations we took. Not kids but yet not adults just yet .

Myself i can't wait till grandkids are old enough to take them with us on a cruise. Probably will be Disney.

Make your decision based on POSITIVE reviews of ALL boards and ignore ALL NEGATIVES.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800000&cdt=2004;05;16;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

5/16 Destiny/life is short/take a long cruise

Ok so if I have this right you're booked on Princess this coming November and Royal Caribbean in December of 05. You're looking for a Carnival cruise for February of 05 because you want to try them all then see what you like best ....for future cruise planning purposes?

Carnival would work fine. We've been on 8 Carnival cruises and had a great time on all of them. There are a lot of rumors and legends floating around out there about Carnival; everything from "its like a drunken frat party all the time" to "there are teens that block the stairwells and charge seniors to pass".

Just not true

There IS an opportunity to have one of the highest-energy cruises afloat on Carnival should you choose to do so. But it's your choice and Carnival is great at letting each passenger define their own cruise experience.

Camp Carnival for the kids has an excellent reputation, I get good feedback about what they do and your kids are great ages for the program. They would be split up into different age groups but they would be on Princess too.

Here's more on that:

http://www.lifeiscruising.com/bringing_the_kids

Carnival's "make it your own cruise" thing is a double edged sword to some people. Some want to make it their own, some want it made for them.

Here's how to do both:

http://www.lifeiscruising.com/lifestyle

The only one of your children I am concerned about is the 14 year old. I think that age is kind of iffy as to whether they want to be part of organized activities or not. Regardless of which line you sail, drag your 14 year old to the first meeting for sure. He/She will get a feel for the "kind" of kids onboard, meet some people and have some friends to hang out with on the cruise.

A potential danger situation can develop with 14-16 year olds left unattended on a cruise ship where to them it seems that "anything goes" That climate is even more prevalent on on RCCL due to the 18 year old drinking age for beer and wine.

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/26/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Diamond Princess 12/22/04

Carnival Miracle 03/13/05

I had some friends just get back from the RCCL cruise out of New Orleans. There definitely was some drinking problems with the teens. I also heard that unless you were on one of the newer, larger ships (which they weren't) the food was a BIG disappointment. Not that the food is everything but you are paying for it and you have to eat! This was hearsay, but thought I would pass it along.

Milissa D.

ladyduarte,

I've tried all kinds of tricks with words and can't figure out "i love this board..but a potential voodoo??" PLEASE explain it to me so I can quit working on it icon_confused.gif

Thanks!

Gloria

Grand Princess, Eastern, April 2001

Grand Princess, Western,April 2002

WE"RE BACK!Regal to Hawaii, April 5, 2004

HI-

If you didn't thoroughly read Chris's post above (CruisingisLife), please do. We went on the Carnival Victory for our first cruise and were very happy with it. We booked a cruise on the Carnival Pride for our second cruise and convinced friends to go with us. They admitted to us during the second night at dinner that they almost cancelled because so many people shared what "they heard about Carnival". At the end of the cruise, they told us that they enjoyed it more than they enjoyed their honeymoon at an exclusive resort on St. Bart's and that they paid half the price for the cruise. Carnival gets a bad rap. We have only done one cruise on Princess and have another booked because we got such fabulous deals. We enjoyed Princess but have said that we liked Carnival slightly better. Take a chance and do what you think is best and see what you like. We loved Carnival, you may, too!

"so many cruises, so little vacation time"

Diamond Princess - September 2004

Grand Princess - March 2003

Carnival Pride - June 2002

Carnival Victory - June 2001

Although we don't have teenagers, I'd like to put in my opinion as the parent of an 8 year old. We have been on all three cruise lines with our daughter and speaking from her perspective, she loves Carnival the best. She has the time of her life in Camp Carnival. We notice that the camp counselors are so energetic and really seem to enjoy their jobs.

We have a cruise coming up on the Diamond Princess and one on the Carnival Conquest and she is most looking forward to going on the Conquest.

We've done two cruises on Carnival to date and in terms of an overall family vacation, we have to admit that they are our cruise line of choice. Yes, we saw some kids running wild at night, but we also saw the same thing on Princess, but I think that has more to do with lack of parental supervision.

You and your children will have a wonderful time on any of the cruise lines you've mentioned. Enjoy your cruises!

Carnival Spirit - May 2001 &

Regal Princess - Jul 2002

RCCL Radiance - May 2003

RCCL Monarch - Nov 2003

Carnival Spirit - Apr 2004

Diamond Princess - Jun 2004

Carnival Conquest - Aug 2004

ladyduarte,

I wasn't criticizing -- I thought you had made some clever remark and it went over my head. Just wanted to understand the joke. I didn't mean to seem critical, I often have trouble coming up with the proper word. You know the saying, "it's on the tip of my toungue.."? That's me all the time.

Gloria

Grand Princess, Eastern, April 2001

Grand Princess, Western,April 2002

Regal to Hawaii, April 5-20, 2004

I've been on all 3 lines myself, and my kids were on Carnival and Royal Caribbean as teens. They liked Carnival MUCH more than Royal Caribbean, and personally, I think they would have been bored to death on Princess. You have a good plan... Try them all for yourselves, and pay no attention to hearsay. Only YOU will know what is best for your family.

Pam : )

Emerald Seas 6/20/83

Nordic Empress 6/93

Imagination 3/30/00

Ecstasy 9/4/00

Majesty of the Seas 10/27/00

Triumph 12/16/00

Radiance of the Seas

3/26/01 & 3/29/01

Crown Odyssey 6/24/01

Golden Princess 10/11/01

Spirit 11/11/01

Sensation GGC 1/13/02

Sovereign of the Seas 3/24/02

Imagination 5/18/02

Pride 11/2/02

Explorer of the Seas 3/29/03

Enchantment of the Seas 9/1/03

Serenade of the Seas 10/28/03

Grand Princess 11/16/03

check out my pics at http://community.webshots.com/user/lunyma

As I mentioned in my previous post, she most likely meant "taboo" icon_smile.gif I have brain farts all the time, no big deal. icon_biggrin.gif

Margie

Celebrating Our Parents 60th Anniversary - Legend of the Seas to Mexico 9/5/04!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;9;5;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Join Our Legend Roll Call Here

Our Dawn Princess Caribbean Medley Family Cruise 11/23/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;11;23;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Join Our Dawn Roll Call Here

Windjammer-Flying Cloud 1991

Carnival Elation 1999

NCL Sun 2002

Star Princess 2003

Legend of the Seas 2003

Archived