Travelocity rate drops & how to get credit

Seayalater

I am booked to go on my first cruise on the Caribbean Princess (11/13/04) so I am not sure how this whole "price drop" works. I booked the cruise through my TA. I checked the Travelocity web site for my cabin category (mini-suite AC), the price was more. Do price drops typcially happen for mini-suites lower category cabins.

jodi

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Do price drops typcially happen for mini-suites lower category cabins.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Price drops can happen for any category. Don't think anyone has figured it out for sure but all has to do with how a ship is booking. Sometimes higher within a category goes down and vice versa. Princess uses certain categories, typically for balconies a BE, BF, BH depending on a ship, for low rates if ship is not filling up as fast as they'd like. Most times these are guarantees and then you'll be placed where they need to fill rooms. We once had a BC and saw a BE at a much lower rate so switched to a BE guarantee for the lower rate and within a week had a room assigned in BC 4 doors from our original stateroom.

Hope this helps.

Future cruises:

May 04 Amsterdam

Sept. 04 Star Princess x 2

Jan. 05 Diamond Princess

July 05 Star Princess

Aug. 05 Star Pincess

Past cruises:

04 Dawn Princess x 2

03 Grand,Sun,Tahitian,

Royal Princess x 2,Island Princess

01 Ryndam x 2

00 Sky Princess

79 Sitmar's Fairwind

AuntieAnn posted in our ROLL CALL thread for the Golden Oct. 3 sailing that she had saved on her cabin. We were booked in an EE on that same sailing. I called our TA & though our category had not dropped we were able to upgrade to a BD for only $4opp more! icon_cool.gif

These boards are so helpful. We have only had one other cruise 11 years ago on THE BIG RED BOAT for 4 days, so I kind of feel like a first time cruiser. You've all helped me learn so much. Thanks!

jodi -You should be able to find this out from your TA.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>can you call Princess directly to get a price quote. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes you can but you can not talk to them about a booking you made with a TA that must be done by the TA. You can always call and get price quotes for cruises you are interested in. You can also book directly with Princess.

Future cruises:

May 04 Amsterdam

Sept. 04 Star Princess x 2

Jan. 05 Diamond Princess

July 05 Star Princess

Aug. 05 Star Pincess

Past cruises:

04 Dawn Princess x 2

03 Grand,Sun,Tahitian,

Royal Princess x 2,Island Princess

01 Ryndam x 2

00 Sky Princess