Help please, Our lucaya resort or The free beach??? in Freeport.

Rainbowfalls

Hello all,

I am a tad nervous for our upcoming stop in Freeport. The last time we were there we went to the Our lucaya Resort which was wonderful, however I would like a backup plan just in case. I know I have read on here about a free beach in freeport. I have two questions, one where is it located and if you had to choose between the two which would you go to?

Thank you!!! Do you know if they have changing rooms/ restrooms? Or any eateries nearby?

There are no public restrooms there. Billie Joes beach shack is very popular for food. I found the beach there to be pretty narrow.

We have gone to Taino beach which is free. It was $14 pp/rt and there was a public restroom and beach shacks for food. We enjoyed Tony Macaroni's. Also, a grassy park across the street with a playground. This is also the stop for Junkanoo Beach Club. It has a very small entrance fee and may be worth researching.