Atlantis Excursion with Carnival

Squirly

Just an FYI to any fellow travelers to Nassau in the next while who are hoping to take a trip to the water park at Atlantis. We did a back to back sail late November into December and it was 160.00 for the excursion on the ship. We took a cab over for 4 dollars a person and it was 12 round trip for the 3 of us. Instead of 160 it was 89.00 a person to pay at Atlantis itself. After getting back on the ship I spoke to one of the Carnival staff at the excursion desk regarding the drastic price difference and he said he was unaware of this huge difference. I asked about their price guarantee and was told that because the taxi was paid for separately then it didn't qualify. Just wanted to pass on the savings to anyone who might be traveling in the next while maybe contact Atlantis before you make the trip for accurate pricing. That's unfortunate that Carnivals pricing would not reflect the current market value of an excursion.

Very good to know. My son and I are going in May specifically to go to Atlantis. I'd love to just go there, but he is a 19 year old human garbage disposal and food alone would cost me a fortune for the trip.

How was your experience there? I see so many people saying that they close because of rain and never reopen, it would be horrible to do it just for that and not to get to do the water activities.

• 1 month later...
I was looking at the ship excursions and there is a 99.00 Discovery Atlantis excursion. Does this include the water slides and pools?

I'm not sure. It would mention it in the ad if it included the water slides. That would be great to hear they dropped the prices to match Atlantis though. I would def look into it further.

Just an FYI to any fellow travelers to Nassau in the next while who are hoping to take a trip to the water park at Atlantis. We did a back to back sail late November into December and it was 160.00 for the excursion on the ship. We took a cab over for 4 dollars a person and it was 12 round trip for the 3 of us. Instead of 160 it was 89.00 a person to pay at Atlantis itself. After getting back on the ship I spoke to one of the Carnival staff at the excursion desk regarding the drastic price difference and he said he was unaware of this huge difference. I asked about their price guarantee and was told that because the taxi was paid for separately then it didn't qualify. Just wanted to pass on the savings to anyone who might be traveling in the next while maybe contact Atlantis before you make the trip for accurate pricing. That's unfortunate that Carnivals pricing would not reflect the current market value of an excursion.

The risk being that if you are in port during peak season, you are not guaranteed ticket availability at the gate. I was there in August of 2014, and did not want to risk being turned away at the door. Thanks to advice found on CC, I was able to pre-purchase tickets from a private travel agency located on-site and pick them up in person. Not as cheap ad buying at the gate, but significantly (maybe 25-30%) less than the ship's excursion.

Edited by jma624

Yes it definitely pays to do your research around the time you are traveling. I'm not sure if that sale would still be valid as that was a few months back.i would def check out that Atlantis website. The reason I posted at the time was more in hopes to assist those traveling right around the time we were away. Also it was to let Carnival know (because they do follow these boards) that their prices are not always comparable to those found at some of the establishments in which they have contracts and excursions booked. Yes they do sell out at peak times. Both through Carnival and at Atlantis itself. As we were on a back to back in the off season we knew we were getting two shots at going during one vacation.