Dinner Table change??

We are cruising on the Mariner in Jan 06 with family. Our family booked through a group booking for a convension through a travel agent. We booked directly via RCCL. We want to be at the same table but have been told by RCCL that they can not link our reservation together for dinner seating because our family booked through a group booking. My family was told the same thing. Both RCCl and the travel agent suggested that we talk to the maitre'd once onboard to get moved to the same table. I am worried that this will not be possible. I really want to sit with my family at dinner. Anyone have any ideas what to do???

Guest nhrich

Your TA will receive a form from Royal Caribbean after final payment, at which time she can request table assignments. It doesn't always work out perfectly, but our experience has been that the assignments are pretty close.

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

On the second night of our recent cruise one of the couples at our table realized that the DW had lost a stone out of her wedding set. The DH explained they had been "rough housing" ;) prior to dinner and that the stone could be in the bedding. They ended up leaving our table to go back to their room to check it out & see if they could locate the missing stone.

Right after they left the table, a group of four were moved to our table. Their situation sounds similar to yours. They had requested to be seated together-but ended up at different tables and different dining rooms (same seating time though). So, after the very first meal, they went to the Maitre'D who took care of it immediately. He moved them to our table (which really only had 2 available seats). We (our table) explained this to the Maitre'D who requested to see everyone's seepass card-2x...writing down e/o's name, cabin #, table #,etc. This process took forever-our poor waiter was trying to work with everyone...ordering food for the new folks-holding to the side the dinner of the 'rough housers'. :o

In the meantime, the "rough housing" couple came back-with the DH's jacket a bit rumpled I might add! :rolleyes: Off he took to take care of the situation. We never saw them again (other than walking around the ship during the day). The Maitre'D came back later & told us that the couple had really wanted to be seated at a table for 2...and that's what had happened-their request had taken place & e/t was OK. Well, no one at our table believed them. The DH had just been saying how much fun it was to meet all of the people at our table, yada yada yada. We all felt that RCCL had messed up & then tried to cover for their mistake. As it turned out, the group of 4 that was placed at our table was the best!!! We had the best week-we were a loud, fun group at our table. :)

Moral to the story...Not real sure...everything turned out OK for this group of 4...it was a funny story...the 'code' word at our table for the remainder of the week was 'rough housing'!!! LOL!!!:rolleyes:

blueboy

YES!!! We got exactly what we wanted.

Our story. Our first cruise was on the Sovereign and we have been hooked ever since. Our server, Natalia, was the BEST. We have been on six other cruises since and NONE has been as good as Natalia. I requested her to be our server. She is no longer a server but a head waiter. They placed us in her area and we got to see her everyday. She again was the greatest.

Tim & Crystal

Archived