Anyone just off the Sky with the new All Inclusive?

rjm11

Looking for reports of how the new "all inclusive" (meaning just alcohol for what I can tell) worked out.... we are boarding this Friday!

Also, was the Main Dining Room open for lunch on embarkation day?

Did the "open bar" create an issue with too many drunks?

Curious how the all inclusive is going too... hopefully the Refurbishment starting next week will revive the Ship... :)

I did see the Norwegian Sky listed on cruisemapper.com for next week, but there are no details listed on what is being refurbished. Does anyone know??:confused:

Looking for reports of how the new "all inclusive" (meaning just alcohol for what I can tell) worked out.... we are boarding this Friday!

I was on the Sky on Dec 11-14 2015 and though the ship wasn't in "all-inclusive" mode just then it seemed like the vast majority of passengers on board were traveling on the UBP as NCL offered that as an incentive to book those weeks in December. It was quite a big promotion. Now that being said, any 3 or 4 day cruise is going to be a party cruise and ours was no different. Lots of drinking and people having fun and I am happy to say that I did not see even one display of a passenger being disgustingly drunk or unruly. I was a blast watching everyone enjoying themselves to the utmost, even when we were told we could not get onto Great Stirrup Cay due to high seas. Everybody behaved. I really enjoyed this cruise.

The main dining room is open on embarkation day.....Crossings main dining room located aft deck 5.

Enjoy. We sure did.

I was on the Sky on Dec 11-14 2015 and though the ship wasn't in "all-inclusive" mode just then it seemed like the vast majority of passengers on board were traveling on the UBP as NCL offered that as an incentive to book those weeks in December. It was quite a big promotion. Now that being said, any 3 or 4 day cruise is going to be a party cruise and ours was no different. Lots of drinking and people having fun and I am happy to say that I did not see even one display of a passenger being disgustingly drunk or unruly. I was a blast watching everyone enjoying themselves to the utmost, even when we were told we could not get onto Great Stirrup Cay due to high seas. Everybody behaved. I really enjoyed this cruise.

The main dining room is open on embarkation day.....Crossings main dining room located aft deck 5.

Enjoy. We sure did.

Thanks for the report! We are excited to cruise this weekend! Our weather report isn't looking too favorable for getting into GSC either- what kinds of activities did they offer up on your new "sea day"?

Thanks for the report! We are excited to cruise this weekend! Our weather report isn't looking too favorable for getting into GSC either- what kinds of activities did they offer up on your new "sea day"?

Nothing indoors that I can remember but there was a party out on the pool deck that was off the chain. Lots of music, dancing and a couple of contests and another deck BBQ. We were laied out in the shade for 6 hours and watched it all go by and it was a lot of fun. Weather was terrific but the seas were just too heavy. BTW, I know Sky goes into dry dock for refurb this month. Don't let this worry you. She is still in terrific shape and very clean. I love these smaller and older ships better then the new large flashy ones. Enjoy your cruise.

PS.....She also has a crew that was nothing less than awesome. My favorite so far.

John

You took the words right out of my mouth! I came here to ask the same. I'm on the January 29th sailing. CANNOT WAIT!

Enjoy. We sure did.

We were on this sailing 12/11/15 and the ship made the out island?

Just got off the Sky today, from the 3 night to the Bahamas. The all inclusive drink package was great. I did not see anyone drunk or disorderly. I expected watered down drinks. They were not! Included beer and wine, and mixed drinks. It was nice to just go to any bar and get a free drink, with no wristband, or room card. Anyone over 21 could simply get a drink at any bar on the ship, except the coffee bar. Enjoyed the whole three days.

Thank you all so much for the info!! My girlfriend and I leave Monday!! Can't wait! Running away from work and the family for a girls cruise. It will be her first one and I haven't been in a long while. Sure appreciate all the great advice from fellow CC members! Thank you!! :)

Thank you all so much for the info!! My girlfriend and I leave Monday!! Can't wait! Running away from work and the family for a girls cruise. It will be her first one and I haven't been in a long while. Sure appreciate all the great advice from fellow CC members! Thank you!! :)

Girl cruise...Woohoo! Have fun! The Sky is a fun cruise ship & girl trips are the best - I just booked the Dawn for my 50th birthday Girl Cruise!!

Girl cruise...Woohoo! Have fun! The Sky is a fun cruise ship & girl trips are the best - I just booked the Dawn for my 50th birthday Girl Cruise!!

Thank you! That is awesome! Enjoy the Dawn!!! We are going for our 40th birthdays!!! Which aren't until a couple of months but we both have kids graduating this year so thought we better get an early start :)

Thank you! That is awesome! Enjoy the Dawn!!! We are going for our 40th birthdays!!! Which aren't until a couple of months but we both have kids graduating this year so thought we better get an early start :)

Good idea! Take advantage of it while you can. May will be crazy when you get back, I'm sure [emoji2]

Looking forward to hearing about this fun adventure. A girls cruise sounds fun. Maybe I need to run away from work and family! :) Have a great time.