Turtle Cove snorkeling questions

SunnyKitty

We are going on cruise this February and I am thinking on buying Turtle Cove snorkeling trip for 4 of us, but I need some advice here

First, how easy to spot a turtle in there for a kid who cannot really dive yet? Will he be able to see anything just face down in the water in his mask ?

Second, how crowded it is usually ? Any advantages of getting private boat vs standard excursion ?

Thank you :)

The water is so clear you can see the turtles feeding at the bottom if they are there. When they come up for air you can see them even better if they surface close enough to you.

Crowds depend on time of year and number of ships in port.

No need to dive down to see the turtles, you can just float or swim with them. IMHO a private boat is much better than the ship excursion. The ship excursions are usually big crowds and more time is spent getting people into their gear than actual water time.

We did The Cat excursion to Turtle Cove -- absolutely awesome! The catamaran is smaller and not crowded at all! The crew was great, especially Adam -- very laid back and fun. Turtle Cove was amazing! Half of my family snorkeled, and half stayed on the cat. The turtles were all around my daughter and she has great pictures, so close! Those who stayed on the cat also saw the turtles very clearly, as they come up to the surface to breathe, and they're huge -- you can't miss them! It was a great time for all of us -- in the water and on the cat! I definitely recommend it!

• 2 months later...
We did The Cat excursion to Turtle Cove -- absolutely awesome! The catamaran is smaller and not crowded at all! The crew was great, especially Adam -- very laid back and fun. Turtle Cove was amazing! Half of my family snorkeled, and half stayed on the cat. The turtles were all around my daughter and she has great pictures, so close! Those who stayed on the cat also saw the turtles very clearly, as they come up to the surface to breathe, and they're huge -- you can't miss them! It was a great time for all of us -- in the water and on the cat! I definitely recommend it!

Glad to hear it is not crowded! Do you by chance know the maximum capacity The Cat allows on board?

• 1 month later...

What time of year were you there?