Social Internet Package/Fitbit

kelkel2

Has anyone used the social internet package successfully with their fitbit? I am kind of torn whether I want to get the social plan or the next plan up.

But, I plan on brining my fitbit, as it pretty much goes everywhere with me. What I do know is that the fitbit needs internet and bluetooth to connect and download your information to the app on your smartphone. The smartphone and bluetooth I have. The question is with the internet. Will the social plan work with the fitbit app? Like I said, I'm undecided on which plan to get and we have plenty of OBC, so I wouldn't mind upgrading to the more expensive plan, but if I don't need to I won't!

I thought fitbit only needed bluetooth to sync to your phone, not internet. Is there a way to have your phone on with just bluetooth but not connected to the network/internet?

You do need the bluetooth as your form of "connection" or the doggle that plugs into the computer. But it was my understanding that the fitbit still needs to communicate with the fitbit server with an internet connection of some sort to actually download the info off of the device itself. I may be wrong, but this is how I understood it.

I know the information will save, but it would sure be nice to have it download if that's possible! I think I will just get the social plan and if it works, it works...

If you sync you fitbit to your smartphone, make sure the phone is on the setting to keep you in your home time zone. My phone changed time zones and when my fitbit synced to it, it seemed to kind of go crazy and lost a couple days worth of data. My friend changed the setting on my phone to not switch time zones and the fitbit was fine after that.

I'm not sure about the social media plan though.