Puerto Del Rosario,

Any trip tips please? We have never been here before.

We have been a few times and we catch the bus down to caleta de fuste lovely place to look round with nice beach and go to the front and you can see the chipmunks running in and out of the rocks they will come right up to you, when you do dock there is a big shopping mall if you like shopping

Not much in the town other than the big shopping centre. But then if you have seen one shopping centre you have seen pretty much them all.

As you exit the port gate turn left walk down to the roundabout then turn right and walk up the hill, ask some locals to point out the bus station. It is a large building which sits at the top of the hill.

Regular buses to Calleta or Corralajo round from here (around every thirty minutes), both are beach resorts with plenty of food drink options for lunch.

Buses are cheap less than 2 Euro person to Caletta (about 20 Mins) and not much more for Corralajo (about 40 mins).

First time we went we got the bus to Calleta and liked it so much we went back for a fortnight at Xmas in 2014 and the last Xmas just passed.

Far a day out off the ship I would say get a bus to Corralajo. It is on the north of the Island has plenty pf beach area and is a lively resort. It is a bit further than Caletta but on the way you will pass through the National Park where all the sand dunes are and see the long sandy beaches on that side of the island.

Just check the times back and remember where the bus station is where you get off.

There was a shuttle bus running from just outside the port up the hill to the bus station when we were there. There was a lady guide pointing out where the bus picked you up.. One or two euros each. It was much easier to walk down the hill on the way back to the ship. We really enjoyed Corralejo. Recommend you stay on till the end of the route and get back on there as our bus was full and left people standing at bus stops on the way back. There were lots of school children using our bus.

Thanks for your advice. I think we will get off at the end of the run. Would not be happy if the bus passed me by.

In caleta there is a bar with lambrettas and vespa scooters all mod stuff we usually go in there if we go for a fishing holiday in winter cheap beer and a good atmosphere

In caleta there is a bar with lambrettas and vespa scooters all mod stuff we usually go in there if we go for a fishing holiday in winter cheap beer and a good atmosphere

Now that would be a diffrent trip.

Now that would be a diffrent trip.

Also look for the Chinese bazaar shops up the hill near the shopping center some good bargains there , there is another one that that sells custard. Mixed fruit,jelly and cream but I think that's-

A trifle bazaar. Sorry.

Also look for the Chinese bazaar shops up the hill near the shopping center some good bargains there , there is another one that that sells custard. Mixed fruit,jelly and cream but I think that's-

A trifle bazaar. Sorry.

:D:p:)

My pleasure - folks hereabouts always helpful to me, so it's only fair to reciprocate.

We had a 7 night hotel package holiday in Corralejo three or four years ago, really liked the place.

Only did one bus trip - the local service to and from Puerto Del Rosario, the buses were quite busy, I think that'll be especially true with the reduced Sunday service.

Edited by WeeCountyMan

• 3 weeks later...

We've just got back from our cruise, just to let you know as we were in Puerto de Rosaria on Sunday the shopping mall was closed. We strolled down the pedestrianised street to the church & discovered some traditional dancers & musicians outside the church. They were a very cheerful bunch & managed to drag up several people from the ship to join in. Not sure how often they are there though.

Also just outside the port there was a local coach tour put on which went to the sand dunes & then on to Corralejo for 20 euros each, cheaper than Thomsons excursion.