Port Canaveral Disembarkation

This will be our first time cruising out of Port Canaveral (Mariner of the Seas - 4/06). For those who have cruised from there before, what is a realistic time you got off the ship? How soon were you at Orlando Airport? We're trying to determine what time to book our flight home for. We've cruised many times before and know the RCCL company line of "don't book before noon" is not realisitic. In Miami & Ft. Lauderdale, we've never been at the airport later than 9am. Also, for platinum and above C & A members, I heard that you were off the ship as early as 7-7:15am. Can anyone confirm that?

We were on the Mariner in August and when we filled out our luggage tags when embarking, we put down our flight time. We were off the ship by 7:15. It's about an hour to the airport. I wouldn't book a flight any earlier than 11-11:30am.

I know you have some time before your cruise, but have a great time!!

Kim

I agree with the previous poster. Ask for early disembarkation tags and you will have no problem making the airport for and 11:00 am flight. I would not book any earlier though as the airport security really gets backloged between 9:00 and 10:00 with all the passengers from the port, there are two other ships there as well.

Tim

We just returned from the Mariner on 10/2. We are Diamond C & A members and were off the ship by 7:15, by time we cleared customs and picked up our luggage it was close to 8:00. We rented a car for the trip back to Orlando from Budget. The Budget shuttle starts at 8:15, he picked us up a little early. We were probably on the road to MCO by 8:45. It's about an hour drive from Port Canaveral to MCO. We had returned the car and checked our bags for our return flight by 10:00. Everything went very smoothly.

I probably wouldn't book a flight earlier than 11:30, things can always go wrong. Best to have some cushion rather than stress over making flights.

If you don't want to rent a car you can use Art's Shuttle http://www.artsshuttle.com/

They pick you up at the pier with a van (usually just one party) and take you to the airport.

We usually rent a car (Budget) when we arrive the day before the cruise and take Art's Shuttle back, it's just easier. The car rental is a little cheaper though.

Archived