Azamara Journey April 5 Miami to Nice

tv24

Hello Fellow Sailors: We are Tom and Ron from Oakland on this transatlantic crossing to Nice. This will be our fourth crossing on Azamara and the start of a very long journey to the Czech Republic and Berlin. We've always found a friendly gay presence on AZ. I'm hoping other gay and lesbian folks (and friends) will sign on here. Happy sailing!

Anyone else on this crossing?

Hi guys!

We are trying to decide between this transatlantic and a similar one on Seabourn. We've been on both lines several times and love them both, however can't decide between the two. Was there a deciding factor of choosing Azamara? We sail on the Journey in a couple of weeks out of Costa Rica (after their dry dock). Hopefully we will cross paths with you guys in the future!

Ann and Rebecca

Hi guys!

We are trying to decide between this transatlantic and a similar one on Seabourn. We've been on both lines several times and love them both, however can't decide between the two. Was there a deciding factor of choosing Azamara? We sail on the Journey in a couple of weeks out of Costa Rica (after their dry dock). Hopefully we will cross paths with you guys in the future!

Ann and Rebecca

Hi A & R!

Not sure if we even noticed the crossing on Seabourn. We've done 3 other crossings on AZ, so we kind of monitor their tranny itineraries. However, we would love to do a crossing on Seabourn, so we need to do a better job and pay more attention. So many things are better on Seabourn, altho, IMHO, the food is better on AZ. And sometimes one can get a very good deal on AZ. And yes, I do hope that someday our paths will cross. Enjoy the rehabbed ship in Costa Rica!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, well, Tom and Ron, who knew our paths would cross again so soon!

I'm currently holding an option on this crossing, for a single room (...). Edgar's work is really busy in April and mine terribly slow, so I can get some extra days off. Still debating whether I should go alone, but after scanning CC today, it look's like there's going to be quite a few familiar faces, so it wouldn't be all that lonely...

In a couple of days I should know if I'm on or not, keep you posted!

Foppe

Good Morning Foppe,

I hope you decide to join us, even if it is without Edgar. Yes, there are others on board who were with us this past fall, including Phil, whom you had dinner with. We are headed to Prague and Berlin for one month in each of the 2 cities, plus a few days in France. This will be a big trip for us. I hope to see you on board! Best wishes, Tom (and Ron)

Dag Foppe! Ik hoop dat je zal doen met ons mee! Het zou heerlijk zijn je te zien zo spoedig na de laatste keer! Jammer dat Edgar niet met je kan komen vooral sinds hij zo goed salsa doet! Zal dat misschien veranderen? Tot ziens, Ron

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guys, bon voyage! We returned from our cruise on the Journey a few weeks ago and the ship is beautifully refreshed. Great service, food, entertainment, etc. We especially enjoyed Reagen, a waiter in the MDR, and Dale in the Observation Lounge for pre-dinner cocktails. Have a great cruise!