Debarkation- Barcelona

cruisinlawn

We'll be debarking in Barcelona. Does anyone know Carnival's suggested time of "not booking outbound flights prior to xxxx time" when disembarking in Barcelona. We'll be returning to Atlanta, either non-stop or thru JFK or Amsterdam. TIA :)

ps...I've already contact Carnival to no avail:(

I'm not sure of their suggestion but when I debarked in Barcelona I made a 11am flight. Probably not terribly smart but cabs are sitting very close and the airport is close. Self assist of course

Edited by steph7021

Yep, we have no problem doing self assist. Just not sure we want to end our holiday being rushed and stressed. When originally booked, our flight time was 11:45a. It has changed 3 times and is now 10:30a :eek: So, we're looking at changing to something later or another night in Barcelona:)

It's a shame you have to miss Barcelona. This was our absolute favorite city when we went in 2013.

We did not have any trouble disembarking and getting a cab. There is a cab stand right outside the terminal and they will line you up to get you into cabs so it is not a free for all.

Per the Carnival website 9am is the earliest flight time you should book. Debarkation will begin earlier than on a Caribbean cruise per John Heald (he posted this a couple days ago).

Thanks. Guess I looked over it as I was unable to find anything on site. Could you send me link please. TIA

It's a shame you have to miss Barcelona. This was our absolute favorite city when we went in 2013.

We did not have any trouble disembarking and getting a cab. There is a cab stand right outside the terminal and they will line you up to get you into cabs so it is not a free for all.

Appreciate the info. We'll have some time on front end to explore a fraction, albeit small, of Barcelona. :D

Thanks:) I am very surprised at this. In comparison, Caribbean cruises returning to FLA ports they state 11:30a, 12p, etc. and that's comparing ship arrival times back in port that are similar or same. Although, bottom line is that we'll be the ones making the rushed transition and deal with the consequences should we not make it timely. Thanks again.

Edited by cruisinlawn

• 2 weeks later...