My time dining on allure

Have booked this as there is 5 of us and wanted to link our seating and eat together. Also were trying to accommodate making afew of the shows without rushing.

From afew threads I read there is a lot of negative comments about my time dining.

Has anyone had a positive experience with my time dining on the allure?

Is it true the food out with MDR standard seating times is not cooked to order like when sit at the standard times?

Our first/only cruise there was just 2 of us. We were happy to go to MDR late sitting with table of strangers. Loved the fact we walked in sat down, all ate then left after approx 60-90min. V efficient service.

Is it likely that MTD diners have lesser service/ ignored by waiting staff?

Many thanks for your comments!

Laura

Worked perfectly for us. There was three of us - two different cabins, and we never made a reservation. I think we had to wait five minutes one night, but that was because we didn't want to eat with anyone else.

We were never needing to make it to a show, but, after we were seated one night, our waiter asked if we wanted the "fast" service or relaxed.

We were never asked that by other waiters but we were always able to make it as slow or as fast as we wanted.

We had a round table for 8 with no trouble at all on MTD. I pre-booked all of our reservations before boarding and the longest we probably waited for a table when we arrived on schedule was maybe 5 minutes. Most times we were ushered to the same table each evening. We ate at Giovanis together with a reservation too -- no problem being seated on time but our dinner took a very long time to arrive and some were done to perfection, others were overdone. I don't remember having trouble having meals made to order at all in the main dining room. Our experience was stellar.

My wife and I are doing the April 17th sailing on the Allure. Less than 100 days now, can hardly wait!

We sailed the Radiance to Alaska last year. First experience doing a cruise, definitely hooked.

One of the things that most impressed me was the food and service in the dining room. We definitely like the idea of having the same waiters each night, so we went with the 8:30 PM seating time.

Our last trip there was 8 of us in our party so we were always seated together. I wouldn't mind sharing a table - in fact I think it's wonderful to meet people from other parts of the country (or world). I would love to talk to someone, say from the UK, Australia or New Zealand as those are a few places I want to visit someday myself.

With 9 people it is probably better for you to make a reservation, but it is not needed. You may have to wait a little longer as tables that size are more limited, but when we were on the Allure a few months ago there was a party of like 20 and another of like 60 that came without reservations.

As for eating in the same restaurant, you can eat wherever you like (Windjammer, specialty or MDR), but if you do the MDR you will be on the deck 3. All the food is the same regardless of which deck you are on. They are not doing the dynamic dining on the Oasis class anymore. Each deck of the MDR has a different name and decor, but the menu is exactly the same. With that said, we did get sent up to deck four once with MTD as there were no tables left on Deck 3. Surprisingly service was still great.