Anthem - Onboard Temperature

Hi everyone,

Sailing on the Anthem next month and read some reviews commenting on the temperature inside the ship, both in the rooms and in public areas. Can anyone comment on whether the ship ran more on the warm or cool side? I always pack a sweater or two for the evenings as I find the theatre and such tends to be cool on other ships, so I will do so for this cruise too! But just wondering for packing purposes! :)

And on a similar note - I have sailed out of Bayonne several times both in the winter, spring, and summer, yet I never know what kind of jacket to bring! I'll be flying from Toronto one day pre-cruise, and flying home immediately post-cruise. I know the weather varies significantly in NJ in the winter but what is everyone's "go-to" for outerwear on these winter cruises? Did you find yourself needing a jacket past the point of embarkation/sailaway if you spent it outside (I.e. To get to North Star on the first/last day, iFly, walking to any other outdoor venues?).

Thanks in advance!!!

Edited by Newbcruiser1

Hi, I was on Anthem on November and brought a winter jacket, hat, and gloves and I used them all on the first and last day. I would add a scarf in February. It is better to be comfortable, particularly if you like to be outside for the departure.

Inside, I don't remember it being particularly cold or warm, however I think your plan to have a sweater or two handy is a good one ....

Have fun!

Guest maddycat

I'd check out the NJ/NYC weather forecast online a couple of days before your cruise. Don't forget that you'll be embarking and disembarking in February in NJ on the Hudson River and there will be a strong wind. I wouldn't think of wearing anything other than my warmest winter jacket, hat and gloves.

Thanks for your thoughts!

After several cruises out of Bayonne, I honestly don't even care to freeze outside for sailaway this time! :) I think I'll abandon my camera and hang out in the nice warm solarium for a change!

Does that change your answers re: outerwear? :)

VERY subjective question. Cold/Hot is relative to everyone individually. Sailed Anthem in November - found the temperature to be quite comfortable. You will talk to another 1000 on board that were hot and another 1000 that were cold.

You cannot make the rooms on anthem colder then 68. We normally sleep at 60-65 so it was like a sauna at night. The public areas were quite comfortable and a good temperature. Never too hot or cold. You do not need to ever go outside on anthem. One night the outside deck was closed for winds and we didn't even know!!!

Thanks for the info re: the temperature!!! I like it cooler for sleeping so that's good to know. Did you find it made a difference whether in port/at sea, or when sailing in warm or cold temperatures?

I always find they turn the power way down when in port so the room is always sauna-like because the AC isn't working as well, but then it cools down (sometimes too much!) at sea.