Changing cabin - can you recommend please

vapercity

Wonder if you can give me any info on our Fantastica Experience Cabins 10171 and 10173 on Fantasia for the 17th Dec sailing from Dubai.

As I am travelling with son and his family (2 adults and 2 children) they needed to go for a B2 Balcony which would accommodate them all comfortably with a double sofa bed as opposed to bunk beds. I am travelling alone but wanted to be next door to them. It was difficult to find this combination other than the cabins allocated, which are fairly midship which we much prefer to the aft or forward cabins. Am I right in saying the 10173 may have a restricted view balcony? Guess they can always come to me next door to get a better view!! Would appreciate any input you may have

Thanks

Suzanne (Suron in Brisol, UK)

The cabin you mention are exactly as you say, 10173 will have only a 90 degree field of view and will have a double sofa and not bunks, and would appear to fulfil your criteria. They will have the "Fantastica" experience, and I would expect them to be 192 sq ft with 42 sq ft balconies.

Perte

• 1 month later...

Dear Pete

Thank you for your most informative reply. Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you but have been away visiting daughter in Ireland.

Our cruise on Fantasia seems so far way but I am so glad to be going back out to Dubai to not only see son and his family but also to do the cruise (again) round the Emirates and most of all to get some warm weather away from the English winter!!

Thank you again.

Suzanne

Edited by suron
misspelling

Now, I know nothing but wasnt the OP wanting a cabin with a walkway beneath so doesnt she then want a cabin in the middle section, the dark violet colored section knowing that they dont have a 180 decree view? Or have I understood wrongly those cabins ( thinking of booking one myself for the same reason)

Hi we are doing our first cruise on the Divina on the 30th April, we have booked Fantastica and been allocated 12180. From reading reviews it doesn't look to be a very good cabin so I have contacted our TRavel agent to ask for it to be changed. Have we done the right thing? Also we have got a status match to Black (after we had booked and paid for the cruise) will this influence our getting a better cabin ? We are not asking for an upgrade just a nicer cabin on the same deck but with a seating area. Our friends have been allocated an aft cabin on the same deck which looks amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi we are doing our first cruise on the Divina on the 30th April, we have booked Fantastica and been allocated 12180. From reading reviews it doesn't look to be a very good cabin so I have contacted our TRavel agent to ask for it to be changed. Have we done the right thing? Also we have got a status match to Black (after we had booked and paid for the cruise) will this influence our getting a better cabin ? We are not asking for an upgrade just a nicer cabin on the same deck but with a seating area. Our friends have been allocated an aft cabin on the same deck which looks amazing!

12180 is a "Small" balcony cabin which is 148 sq ft with a balcony of 34 sq ft.

Standard balconies are 192 sq ft with a 42 sq ft. balcony.

I would suggest you try to move cabins

I don't think having a BLACK card will make any difference as the perk of "best available upgrade" has been removed from the benefits.

Pete

Now, I know nothing but wasnt the OP wanting a cabin with a walkway beneath so doesnt she then want a cabin in the middle section, the dark violet colored section knowing that they dont have a 180 decree view? Or have I understood wrongly those cabins ( thinking of booking one myself for the same reason)

As you can see from the image, from a deck 8 cabin, there isn't really a view down to the deck 7 promenade.

So choosing a cabin on that basis would be a bit of a poor reason IMHO

dedck%208%20balcony.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

My agent just called MSC and they say they now only have disabled cabins available on deck 9. I was so looking forward to this First cruise and am now not wanting to go!

I am not going to sulk ! Have just found a photo of 10158 which looks to be similar and so long as it's a sunny balcony... Always look on the bright side of life and all that!

I've been in a handicap balcony on Divina, it is way bigger, also has a bigger balcony. In the bathroom the shower has a drain in the floor not built up, so strategic curtain placement is necessary. I wouldn't have any issue sailing in one again. There is also a ramp to the balcony.

My agent just called MSC and they say they now only have disabled cabins available on deck 9. I was so looking forward to this First cruise and am now not wanting to go!

The "H" Cabins are popular with non special needs guests as they are 50% larger and have 50% bigger balconies. if you've got one of 9135/9136/9137/9138/ you should be pleased if you've got one of 9211/9213/9214/9216 then they will be less sunny as they are in the rear recess which can be dark, 9211 and 9214 will be particularly affected as they are up against the hump wall.

Pete

Thanks for the replies. I would feel guilty taking one of these cabins in case some one was unable to book as it does appear the ship is going to be full. One last question does the balcony have the plexii glass at least?

Thanks for the replies. I would feel guilty taking one of these cabins in case some one was unable to book as it does appear the ship is going to be full. One last question does the balcony have the plexii glass at least?

You're OK on this one 10158 has a plexiglass balcony

Pete

We are not in the cabin you have just said we are in 12180 and it looks to be similar and from an earlier posting you have done re the balcony types I have assumed it's the Same. Not going to let it spoil our trip!

We are not in the cabin you have just said we are in 12180 and it looks to be similar and from an earlier posting you have done re the balcony types I have assumed it's the Same. Not going to let it spoil our trip!

It is the same

Pete

• 1 month later...

Hi All - these color-coded pictures are great! From looking at those, I believe i'll be in one with a glass balcony...Cabin 12021. Could you let me know if that is indeed the case (it looks like it is right next to the cabin with half glass/half steel).

I appreciate it

Hi All - these color-coded pictures are great! From looking at those, I believe i'll be in one with a glass balcony...Cabin 12021. Could you let me know if that is indeed the case (it looks like it is right next to the cabin with half glass/half steel).

I appreciate it

Yes, Cabin 12021 is the first cabin with full plexiglass. At least that's what the Technical Sheet says. ;)

Bret