W. Carribean 2/06 Excursions

cal680

I am going on the Carnival Valor in Feb. 2006. Any suggestions on things to do in Belize or Honduras? :confused: Looks like I should avoid the cave tubing as many of them cannot swim. Any help someone could provide would be appreciated. Also in Miami we are coming in a day early how about hotels, any that are outstanding without paying rates as if to buy the place? And one more question for you professional cruisers, in Grand Cayman is there a place to go and rent jet skis or perhaps parasail? Thanks for all your help in advance. Have a good day!! :D

Be sure you take a tour in Belize city. The Mayan ruins are interesting. The one to Altun Ha/Rio Wallace is especially nice. The river part is great for kids as a lot of wild life can be seen. Everything from Monkeys to Crocks and birds and bats. We did that one and it was the best tour of the entire cruise. There is a 20 minute tender ride from the ship to the docks and shopping area. You do not want to leave there and venture into the city. We also took a trip to Xunantunich wich is also a Mayan ruin. It goes to the western, and very pretty part of the country. There is a Belezian luncheon served on the way back. Very nice. Both of these are all day tours.

When you ask about Honduras, I expect you are going to Roatan. There is a quaint village called West End. You can take a tour and visit a botanical garden and butterfly garden on the way to the village. You can also hire a cab to take you there. The islands are very beautiful. I hope what ever tours you take you will be pleased with what you see. Have a great cruise.

I am going on the Carnival Valor in Feb. 2006. Any suggestions on things to do in Belize or Honduras? :confused: Looks like I should avoid the cave tubing as many of them cannot swim. Any help someone could provide would be appreciated. Also in Miami we are coming in a day early how about hotels, any that are outstanding without paying rates as if to buy the place? And one more question for you professional cruisers, in Grand Cayman is there a place to go and rent jet skis or perhaps parasail? Thanks for all your help in advance. Have a good day!! :D

Hi! Which sailing are you going on in February?? We are sailing on 2/19/06 and there is a roll call started. We are likely doing the cave tubing in Belize and zip lining in Roatan. I'm not sure, but perhaps Seven Mile Beach in GC might have jet skis. You should check the specific ports of call boards. These boards have been a tremendous help in my cruise planning!! :)

Dawn

Archived