Plan for 4 to travel to the Baths

daisy8869

Hi,

Thank you so much for all of the great information on this board. I think I have convinced my party that it is worth the money to travel to the Baths (who knows if we will ever get to see it again!).

Will someone please double check my plan and make sure I have everything correct and that it is doable for my party?

We will arrive Wednesday, February 3rd at 8am on the NCL Spirit. There is 4 in our party- 2 adults, 1 senior, and 1 child (age 5). I think there will be three ships in port that day.

My plan is to get off the ship and walk to Speedy's, take the 9am ferry and then pay $3 each for a safari taxi ride to the Baths. Is the walk doable from the pier to the ferry? I've heard some say it was 10-15 minutes. Are there signs marked or should I just follow the crowd?

Our plan is to leave the Baths by 12:15pm to have enough time to make the 12:40pm return ferry. I'm assuming we pay $3 each for a taxi back from the Baths to the ferry?

I saw the special on Speedy's site for the ferry with taxi and lunch...will they discount that with the senior? May just be better to purchase separately since we don't really care about lunch.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thank you so much for all of the great information on this board. I think I have convinced my party that it is worth the money to travel to the Baths (who knows if we will ever get to see it again!).

Will someone please double check my plan and make sure I have everything correct and that it is doable for my party?

We will arrive Wednesday, February 3rd at 8am on the NCL Spirit. There is 4 in our party- 2 adults, 1 senior, and 1 child (age 5). I think there will be three ships in port that day.

My plan is to get off the ship and walk to Speedy's, take the 9am ferry and then pay $3 each for a safari taxi ride to the Baths. Is the walk doable from the pier to the ferry? I've heard some say it was 10-15 minutes. Are there signs marked or should I just follow the crowd?

Our plan is to leave the Baths by 12:15pm to have enough time to make the 12:40pm return ferry. I'm assuming we pay $3 each for a taxi back from the Baths to the ferry?

I saw the special on Speedy's site for the ferry with taxi and lunch...will they discount that with the senior? May just be better to purchase separately since we don't really care about lunch.

Thanks!

Guides at the pier can direct you to the ferry dock, not a bad walk if no serious mobility issues.

I see 2 NCL ships in port, the Spirit and the Escape, 6,000 ppl total. The Escape departs at 3 or 4PM, and your ship at 5PM.

If you return on the 12:40 ferry you only get 3 hrs on Virgin Gorda. Why not the 2:45 return and get 5 hrs? You could even take the 3:30 ferry and have plenty of time to get to the ship. The folks on the Escape will be taking the 12:40 return so you could take advantage and get to the Baths later in the day when it's not so busy from either ship.

I would suggest 1 of 2 scenarios, depending on what works best for your group -

1) Walk around the port area and hit the shops, Sunny Caribbee is a nice little spice and rub shop, for example.

Take the 10:40AM ferry to Virgin Gorda, arriving about 11:10, and taxi to either the Mineshaft Cafe for a lunch with a panoramic view; or walk into Spanishtown and have lunch at the Baths & Turtle there. Or taxi right to the Top of the Baths and see how crowded it looks there. You could have lunch there, walk down to the Baths, or if still crowded walk over to nearby Spring Bay which is similar to the Baths. No facilities there but a nice beach.

I would expect a crowd in STown with the Escape folks preparing to hit the 12:40PM return ferry. There will still be folks at the Baths from your ship who ferried over at 9AM.

Or you could taxi to the Top of the Baths around noon and enjoy a much less busy spot with most of the others gone. You would have until 2:45PM and would then taxi back for the 3:30PM ferry giving you 4.5 hrs on VG.

OR

2) Take the 9AM ferry and head straight to the Top of the Baths and wait for some of the crowd to dissapate.

The taxi from the ferry or SPanishtown to the Top of the Baths is $4pp each way, $2 for the child.

Speedy's offers a package that includes taxi to and from the Top of the Baths (same price as on your own), and another that adds a lunch and drink at the Bath & Turtle in STown. We's just pay for the ferry and manage our taxis and lunch on our own.

Sorry if too much info!