Gem Deck 8 Obstructed View Suggestions

Leafpeeper

We booked an obstructed view outside cabin with 2 portholes that are definetely obstructed. Can anyone suggest a cabin they liked in the OK category on GEM. One poster in a handicap cabin said the lifeboats were underneath their cabins so they could look out at the water. I haven't seen any posts from people who were not in the handicap cabins who also had the boats under their window so the view was not blocked. Any info would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

We were on these handicap obstructive view cabins on our cruise may 2015. Two of them, 3 in one cabin and two in the other. rooms and bathrooms are very large. Shower is a curtain in side of the sliding door for wheel chairs. The only problem we had was the emergency switches are to easily tripped. When this happens they will call before sending some one down. Great view from rooms, life boats really aren't to bad from blocking your view. Our rooms where very close to the 24 hour restaurant and bar that made it great for late night snacks. You have to eat there and can not take it back to your room. They have a great hot breakfast made to order with out having to go to the main dinning room or the buffet. Would stay in those rooms again in a heart beat!

We had Obstructed OV on 2 different occasions. The first time, we had the very first OK category cabin on port side. The life boat really did not affect our view at all as it was to the left of our window. Straight out and to the right were not obstructed. The 2nd time, we were mid ship and we had a life boat to left and right of window but you could still see straight out. So if you could get one just before the boats start or one that falls between 2 boats it would be ok.

We booked an obstructed view outside cabin with 2 portholes that are definetely obstructed. Can anyone suggest a cabin they liked in the OK category on GEM. One poster in a handicap cabin said the lifeboats were underneath their cabins so they could look out at the water. I haven't seen any posts from people who were not in the handicap cabins who also had the boats under their window so the view was not blocked. Any info would be appreciated.

Cabin 8590 had around 60% blockage from a lifeboat. Sitting on the bed you can see sky, standing you see sky and sea.:)

I know these HA cabins are for those in need but there are quite a few of them. I think NCL keeps them back if someone in need books one. The times we have got them they were on a guarantee booking. The other people in our row, who also had the HA cabins were people who booked last min or three to a cabin and were assigned these on a Guarantee booking (none handicap need). They are in a great spot. So easy to get to Blue lagoon for coffee in the morning and run down stairs to deck seven if you want to be outside. I just didn't have the closed in feeling. View is partially obstructed in these staterooms. The bottom 25% of window is blocked. The non HA ocean views I would walk past also looked to have fine views but I have no idea what cabin numbers were. We loved deck 8. We could have upgraded to balcony for something like $25 the second week but my kids liked the room we had and didn't want to move.