Just got an email...Staggered Check-In in Miami

Pesh

Looks like Staggered Check-In has been rolled out to Miami. I have a cruise that departs on March 6th (Breeze) and just got an email that I need to select a boarding time.

The email itself was completely blank, it was just an attachment. The attachment was a photocopy of a typed letter that explained that guests would need to select a boarding time. It didn't give much information about staggered check-in itself, just listed a web address that had information. This was not an actual link, just a transposed web address. So I had to transpose the long address into my browser and it ended up being wrong - despite numerous attempts, there was no page associate with the link address they listed. I eventually found the page by searching Google. A few minutes after selecting my boarding time, I got an email from Carnival that contained only numerous lines of what seemed like coding.

I was surprised that the roll-out process for this seems so...slip-shod. You would think it would be an email like the one you get when you book a cabin - not an attachment, live clickable links, etc.

Edited by Pesh

I received the same email. Were you able to select a boarding time and where did you go to do this. I called Carnival and no one knew anything about it. They said it was only staggered out of new orleans and galveston. Help!!!

Same here for Breeze cruise Mar 20.

Pretty shoddy work with the email tho. Some folks will think it's junk mail.

- JPO

Shoddy is the way to describe it. The attachment was so bad. To have no links for your customers to click is crazy. To list long web addresses (instead of creating a short one) that people have to transpose is ridiculous, but then not even checking that address to make sure it works? Shaking my head.

I'll see if I can post the letter if people are interested.

I received the same email. Were you able to select a boarding time and where did you go to do this. I called Carnival and no one knew anything about it. They said it was only staggered out of new orleans and galveston. Help!!!

Yes. Go to your online check-in page (where you can set up on-board accounts, input passport info, etc). There's a new option on the left side that says "select my boarding time".

Edited by Pesh

The website only lists New Orleans and Galveston as well. Even the future roll-out dates (through April) don't list Miami or my ship.

Edited by Pesh

Sailing the Breeze out of Galveston in January 2017; already chose my embarkation time online last week (10:30 - 11:00 AM). 385 days in advance :D

That's because Galveston has had staggered check-in. Wasn't announced yet for Miami (where Breeze currently is) and seems like the customer service team isn't aware of it. So strange!

That's because Galveston has had staggered check-in. Wasn't announced yet for Miami (where Breeze currently is) and seems like the customer service team isn't aware of it. So strange!

True that... my post doesn't really have anything to do with PoM... I was kind of making people aware that you can do this online after you've made final payment (or maybe even after initial deposit?) but your post a couple above mine did that more succinctly :)

Hello,

I just received the same email today for our March 12 Breeze cruise out of Miami. The website, however, indicates New Orleans and Galveston only in the FAQ documents. I was able to go into my cruise documents and select a time so we'll see what happens.

Michelle

Hello,

I just received the same email today for our March 12 Breeze cruise out of Miami. The website, however, indicates New Orleans and Galveston only in the FAQ documents. I was able to go into my cruise documents and select a time so we'll see what happens.

Michelle

They probably haven't gotten around to updating the FAQs on the website yet.

I dont see any check in times listed for my 2/27 Breeze cruise. I have not received an email either. I wonder what the effective date is of the new policy is?

I also checked my 2/25/17 Vista cruise and I don't see check in times for that one either - but I've only put the deposit down on that one so I dont know if you have to be paid in full before the times show up or if the fact that the ship is still being built is why I cant select a boarding time.

John Heald announced this on Facebook.

Just wanted to stop by to mention that windows are open for staggered check in will be open for ships sailing from Miami

Please go to online to your booking to reserve your time.

Cheers

Edit. Windows are open right now

Cheers

John

It doesn't really address when staggered check ins are going to start though.

Can anyone comment on how the staggered boarding works when they've done it?

I read about someone's experience with it in Galveston somewhere on here. They said the times were very strictly enforced. People who showed up early were not permitted to enter the terminal. Can't remember any other major call-outs.

It made me wonder what happens if you show up late (due to traffic, etc) and the FAQ page said cruisers who showed up later than their boarding window would just board when they did arrive. That makes me wonder if it will truly streamline the boarding process (which I always thought was pretty streamlined in Miami).

Edited by Pesh

John Heald announced this on Facebook.

It doesn't really address when staggered check ins are going to start though.

Yeah, I feel like that post will create a ton of confusion and questions.

We cruise February 13th, on Glory. We didn't get an email as of yet, and I do not see the check-in choices where I completed my online check-in. Am I looking at the right place at least?

You're looking in the right place. Maybe it's not rolling out until March 1st? Have you made your final payment? Maybe you can only select once you've paid? I checked and the FAQ doesn't mention when you're able to select your window (immediately after booking, 3 months before, after final payment, etc)

You're looking in the right place. Maybe it's not rolling out until March 1st? Have you made your final payment? Maybe you can only select once you've paid? I checked and the FAQ doesn't mention when you're able to select your window (immediately after booking, 3 months before, after final payment, etc)

Still months before our final payment and I selected ours just a few minutes ago.