Regal Princess dry dock end of 2016

jennymaxgirl

According to Fleet Drydock Schedule Regal Princess will drydock for 13 days from 4/17/17 to 4/29/17 Hamburg Northern Europe - Routine and central staircase to be opened and aft stair connector added between decks 16 and 17.

I was on a cruise on the Regal Nov 2014. Attached is a link. The dry dock looks to be routine. https://sites.google.com/site/princesscruisesfaq/ships/fleet-drydock-schedule

Pam

Thanks for the link, Pam. Most useful (even though things could change and it may not be 100% accurate [according to their disclosure]).

Counting down the days.

Wrong. The Regal entered service in 2015! She's just a few months old!

Sailed on her for the first time November of 2014.....and again November 2015......and will again in February 2017 and October 2017.....my favorite Princess ship (so far anyway:)....[emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 months later...

since the royal was in dry dock last fall, they had a movie one afternoon on our just finished royal cruise describing what they did, it was rather interesting. they mentioned that many things were under a 3 year warnanttee so they needed to get that work done, as well as new carpet, general sprucing up and as mentioned working on the bottom, painting the sea witch, etc. they mentioned that the same things, including opening up the middle stair case, will soon be done on the regal.

That will be sisters as both the Royal and Majestic will be sailing with the Sea Witch logo on their bows before the Regal's dry dock.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How sad. I thought Norwegian ships look rather tacky, but the Royal is just plain ugly. Instead of a Sea Witch, it looks like an angry squid.... or a sort of Rorchac (sp) pattern from someone splattering a vat of paint across the bow!

Both Royal and Regal had/having a dry dock a little earlier than normal. Primarily due to warranty issues on the ships. In addition, the Royal had the center stairwell finished for passenger use. We were on its 1st sailing after the dry dock. It took them an extra week before opening the stairwell for use. Adds to the convenience of the ship. Regal will get its center stairwell finished for passenger use in its dry dock.