Concierge room on Dream

LovetheCubs

Since no one has answered, I will say this. I have no experience of these Staterooms, but apart from the large amount of additional space offered in some of the higher up Concierge rooms, from reading reviews, it would appear that for all of the Concierge Staterooms a major draw are the Concierge facilities and the services they provide mostly. Pre cruise and aboard.

Here is one thread worth reading:

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1965916

But there are many others as well, so do a little googling of "cruise critic disney dream worth" and that should bring up a lot of reviews.

ex techie

Are you asking about the room or the suite?

The rooms are basically a cat 4 room with concierge services. The suites obviously include a lot more space.

Want my personal opinion? A cruise on the Dream is VERY short. 2 1/2 or 3 1/2 days is all you have on board. I don't know how you feel about the ports, but would guess you plan to get off and do something. The cost difference is huge....4 night in May cat 4 = $2800 for 2 people, cat V = $4500 That's almost $500 per day for the concierge services. Are they worth that to you? Do you even know what they are? I would not pay for concierge services on a 4 night cruise. I feel it is too short to really get the value out of the experience. But there are those people who won't cruise outside of concierge, and that's certainly their choice.

If this is your first cruise or first DCL cruise, you aren't going to be hanging out in the cabin--you'll be out and around the ship. You won't have any tender ports, so priority tendering will mean nothing to you. Upgraded toiletries? Complimentary alcohol in the lounge? The lithograph? What value do you place on those?

Some other lines basically make their concierge level a private cruise and include things like a private dining room reserved for concierge only, spa services, etc. DCL doesn't do that. Once you leave the concierge area, you are almost the same as any other passenger. Yes, you get your own well placed table in each dining room and everyone knows what that gold key card means. But it doesn't get you much when you are "out and around."

On the other hand, you will get every reservation you want, every excursion, etc. which you might not in a regular cabin.

I'd rather do 2 cruises in a balcony cabin than 1 cruise in concierge. But that could be just me.

I sailed on the Dream in December, concierge suite - here is my review

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=520614

I think you'll learn quite a bit, though my review states up front I have no kids & focused on adult activities only. Yes it was worth it to me

Edited by axelskater