Amber Cove cabanas

E&B

• 11 months later...

I just posted about Amber Cove. Unless you book months in advance for this cabana shore excursion you will not get it. Don't be disappointed; it was good you didn't waste your money. The cabanas both ocean and hillside are not near the beach. You have to leave the hillside cabana and descend the 80 steps to the pool; the ocean cabana has a beautiful view of the ocean but you can't swim in it. You need to leave your cabanas and walk to the pool. If you have children with you just stay at the beach or pool. Plenty of lounges are available and umbrellas can be rented. The decks at the cabanas are very small accommodating only 2 lounges comfortably; yet the cabanas are advertised as accommodating up to 8 people. the jacuzzis are for 2 small people. Yes, there is butler service, a mini refrigerator with bottled water, wifi and a.c. and some not very good chips and crackers in a basket.

It is a pretty place with some nice shops. The film Jurassic Park was filmed there.

• 4 weeks later...

I am an expat who lives in the Dominican Republic (15 years). When we talk about a Cabana it is a place where you hide your car (so no one knows you are there) and do it. :eek: It is a sex motel. But I guess it serves a different purpose at AC. :)

• 2 weeks later...

We rented an ocean cabana and loved our day in AC! We got pool noodles and floated in the water off the deck to the cabana, relaxed in the loungers, had snacks and drinks, and many buckets of beer and an order of nachos.

It was a nice day to get away from the ship crowds. My 2 kids ( 17 & 19yrs old) took advantage of the zip lines and paddle boards.

And yes you can swim in the water! Reminded us of being at the lake on a houseboat.

We didn't miss the pool there in AC at all as we have one in our backyard at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by bindy1