Legend of the Seas - My Time Dining Question

Hi there

We are booked on 24th March Legend of the Seas cruise and have My Time Dining. Just wondered from anyone who's cruised lately how exactly it works. I have read that people book their dinner time for the evening at breakfast.

My question is that I won't really know how my day is going to pan out - it's hard to know at 9 am in the morning what time you are going to want to have dinner. Will I be able to just turn up and be seated? There are 4 of us in our group.

Many thanks for any suggestions.

There are two lines, one for those with reservations and one for those without. The with reservation line is very short, while the without reservations line can be long about 30 minutes at popular eating times around 6 to 7 pm. You can make reservations anytime during the day by calling 3333 (on Brilliance, might be different number on other ships). You can have a different table each night or request the same table and waiter which is what we did on our January 7 , 2026 cruise.

There are two lines, one for those with reservations and one for those without. The with reservation line is very short, while the without reservations line can be long about 30 minutes at popular eating times around 6 to 7 pm. You can make reservations anytime during the day by calling 3333 (on Brilliance, might be different number on other ships). You can have a different table each night or request the same table and waiter which is what we did on our January 7 , 2026 cruise.

That's great information - thanks so much. :)

We went on rhapsody last March and had my time dining. We just went to the upstairs section and sometimes we got a table if we didn't mind sharing with others and other times we had a half hour wait. There are shows on usually at 7 pm and 9pm so you can normally eat while one is on and attend the other.

we just returned on Monday and prebooked our times for mytime dining around October. We are early eaters and I picked 6.00pm on sea days and 6.15pm for days we were in port. We also booked a specialty restaurant for last night but ended up switching it midway through the cruise to that night (with only just over 1 hour notice and it was no problem). We checked in each night on deck 4 on the starboard side but I think the others who didn't have set reservations checked in on the port side. There were also entrances on deck 5 but not sure if they operated under the same arrangement, my time one side and no reservations the other side.

We had MTD when we were on this cruise, made reservation, I think 730, they had 2 lines but we waited at least 30min each night. So I don't think it matters if you make them or not. We did have a table for 2 so maybe that is why we waited but I did make reservation months before cruise. Most nights they would give us a beeper and we would sit at the bar, go figure.

We just got back on the 17th Jan and had pre booked every night at 5.30 as we had very young kids. Night one was a disaster as we had added my daughter and husband to our dinner bookings but they said that it was a separate booking and wanted to put them else where. After much debate they managed to get us together and we had the same table every night. But I do wonder about how well pre booking prior to getting on works. I would suggest making a booking around the time you roughly eat and you can always change it or cancel it.:)

We have done MTD on Rhapsody, Radiance and Voyager, and the Select (same as) on Solstice. We tend to go after 7.30 but at various times, and we have never waited more than a few minutes, and usually we go straight in. It has varied from 2 of us right up to 9 of us. Last November on Voyager the booked line was much longer than the walk up line every time we went.

I don't want to decide in the morning what time I am going to eat, if at all in the MDR. Sometimes we want to have a quick bite in the Windjammer buffet, and we enjoy that too. Or go to a speciality restaurant.

I think if you really want an earlier time then probably booking is the way to go, but many people think that you book a time and you have that the whole cruise. It can be done that way, but there is no need to do it that way.

Hi there

Thanks so much for the information regarding booking for dinner.

Can I ask one more question...what was the dress code for men in the MDR in the evening. On non formal evenings could they wear trousers or shorts/jeans? Our son is 10 - I was wondering will he need long trousers each evening or do you think he could get away with shorts?

Many thanks

But I do wonder about how well pre booking prior to getting on works. I would suggest making a booking around the time you roughly eat and you can always change it or cancel it.:)

We always book MTD and pick our specific time prior to boarding. We check out our table location after boarding and then when we arrive at our specified time, we let the MTD Host/Hostess know we are there and then just walk to our table. We have the same table each night.

Hi there

Thanks so much for the information regarding booking for dinner.

Can I ask one more question...what was the dress code for men in the MDR in the evening. On non formal evenings could they wear trousers or shorts/jeans? Our son is 10 - I was wondering will he need long trousers each evening or do you think he could get away with shorts?

Many thanks

We always follow Royals recommendations for dinner attire. I live at the beach where we are casual in shorts and jeans all the time. On cruises, I enjoy being able to dress up a little for dinner. BUT, that's us. Particularly on Caribbean cruises, I have seen every manner of dress for dinner in the MDR.

Wear what you want, let that little guy be comfortable. There are curmudgeons everywhere who will disagree, but it's your vacation, not theirs.

Dress on board, particularly in the MDR, is always a huge debate on this forum.

...just enjoy!