Boatyard

heid5

I am looking for feedback from those that have spent the day at the Boatyard. I will be there with a group of 12. Is it worth the time. We did the Jolly Roger last year and are looking for something else to do.

There are several threads on this site some good and one about the rip offs by the employees, etc. It changed my mind about going there. We are going to Accra Beach instead.

Boatyard sounds like alot of fun but I'm never in the mood to be hassled.

I think it depends on the kind of "beach scene" you are looking for, though I would never let ONE review sway my decision greatly. I read the reviews here, and elsewhere in travel forums and most families or multi-generational groups rate this as a great place for a great time w/ Caribbean music and convenient access to food & drink. Close proximity to cruise pier (cheap taxi) is another perk.

I was tentative too (my 12 yr old DD chose this port's excursion!) because we tend to enjoy less crowded beaches but sometimes its appropriate to compromise. I don't look forward to being repeatedly solicited by beach vendors (happens lots in Caribbean) but kids (ones who never grew up too) rave about the water trampolines and jet-skis so I'm willing to take a chance.

Talk with your group about what posts you've read here @ CC and their expectations/priorities. (no good snorkeling here).

Here's web site if you need more info;

http://www.theboatyard.com

Sure you'll have a great beach day in Barbados no matter what you choose. :)

I am looking for feedback from those that have spent the day at the Boatyard. I will be there with a group of 12. Is it worth the time. We did the Jolly Roger last year and are looking for something else to do.

heid5 .... We've done a variety of different things in Barbados. Last year, we just wanted to go to the beach and were happy with Boatyard. Here's our review (on this forum someplace):

Review: The Boatyard ~OnOurOwn~ (or just Click Here)

When we were at Boatyard, it was very very well patrolled by the local police and we only had ONE (yes, only one vendor -- old local man selling shells).

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

I have been there before and plan to go back in DEC. It did not seem like a big place at all. beach wise... seems like the beach could be crowded in the small area. And I dont like the fact I heard many RIP OFF stories of the workers there........

We decided to go to the beach else where during the day.. (where we are going to snorkle) go back to the ship to eat around 3.30- GO EAT SHOWER, SHOP AT THE PORT. then take a 4 min taxi to the boatyard at night when the drinks START FLOWING! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Archived