Zuiderdam two questions Curacao excersion and plumbing problems on the ship

merknerk

Hello Everyone. I have a couple of questions. First is we booked The Sunset Cruise in Curacao and it was full so we were put on a wait list. Hoping a couple of spots will open for us. In the mean time does anyone know of another well reviewed catamaran sunset cruise in case this falls through? One that I looked at leaves at the pier on Palm Beach. If I am correct isn't that where the ships sunset cruise also leaves from? The time is from 5:30- 7:30 which is great as we will be docked there until 11:00pm. Also, we booked a guaranteed F category ocean view. If what I am seeing these rooms are toward the front of the ship. Now for the question. Some reviews I have read mention plumbing problems on Zuiderdam. Most said the problems seem to be toward the back of the ship. Just want to know if anyone experienced any problems.

Edited by merknerk
spelling

Just got off the Zuiderdam yesterday. We were on Deck 8, midship. On two occasions, a few days apart, the toilet would not flush. I called the front desk on the first occasion to ask if a plumbing problem had been reported and was told the issue had been called in. We left the cabin for an hour or so and the problem was resolved while we were gone. On the second occasion, I didn't call, but did report the problem to our cabin steward while we were on the way to the dining room. Upon our return from dinner, the toilet was working. Both times I received a follow up call from guest services to confirm the problem had been resolved. On a slightly different note, we noticed the button often had to be pressed twice before the toilet would flush - we didn't find any of this to be a big deal.

Hello Everyone. I have a couple of questions. First is we booked The Sunset Cruise in Curacao and it was full so we were put on a wait list. Hoping a couple of spots will open for us. In the mean time does anyone know of another well reviewed catamaran sunset cruise in case this falls through? One that I looked at leaves at the pier on Palm Beach. If I am correct isn't that where the ships sunset cruise also leaves from? The time is from 5:30- 7:30 which is great as we will be docked there until 11:00pm. Also, we booked a guaranteed F category ocean view. If what I am seeing these rooms are toward the front of the ship. Now for the question. Some reviews I have read mention plumbing problems on Zuiderdam. Most said the problems seem to be toward the back of the ship. Just want to know if anyone experienced any problems.

Soon as you get on board, I'd fill out the excursion form for anything wait listed. I did that last time, and got my tickets later that day. My friends, also on the wait list never got called. I think they hold back some inventory for those that prefer booking on board. It worked for me, so it's worth a try!

Sometimes people cancel on embarkation day thus a few places open up. Usually they cancel once they ask questions about their excursions thus causing them to cancel their excursions.

I am partially handicapped and a couple of years ago we pre booked excursions -- read if there were any limitations for people like me -- nothing listed on HAL's site. But when we talked to the shore excursion people, they informed us that on 2 of our excursions the big buses were being substituted for smaller buses which could not handle my rollator. So we had to cancel those excursions.

You never know what may happen until you get on the ship.