Anyone do the Carabali Horseback Ride recently?

Flafun888

Hi all: was considering the Carabali Horseback Ride excursion Celebrity offers. Did a search on this forum - several people asked about this excursion a couple of years ago, but there weren't any replies.

Has anyone gone on this in the past year or two? I'm seeing a 4 hour excursion duration but just a 1 hour ride time. :confused:

Wondering if the majority of time is spent driving there and back by bus - at $112/person, that doesn't really sound too appealing. Would love to hear anyone's experience. Many thanks!

Edited by Flafun888

We did this excursion through RCI two years ago. My husband and I really enjoyed it. Both of us really had no prior experiences riding horses so it was perfect for us. For more experienced riders I could see that they might not really find it as exciting? The guides were super nice, very chatty and friendly. We found it worth the money. All a matter of opinion I guess. There was a bus ride involved but I don't recall it being THAT long. The way there seemed a little longer just due to rush hour traffic.

Thanks for sharing your experiences, DividedSky: appreciate it! :) I'm with you...it does sound like fun. Cost doesn't really bother me if I just had more time in port.

But we don't arrive until 3:30 and leave at 9pm, so just not sure if we want to lose most of that time sitting on a bus in traffic just for the 1 hour experience?

We've never visited San Juan before, so maybe we'll keep this excursion in mind for a future sailing when we have more time and stick closer to the port - maybe check out the fort and OSJ this time around.

I understand. When we were there I think we were only in port from 7am to 2 or 3pm. Even with the excursion we did still have some time to explore a little around the port. I'd kinda feel the same way if I had your time frame for being there.

Edited by dividedsky