Can Cruise Air be cancelled after final payment?

ahoymatey3

I would not worry, they will find a way to get you there. You may not like the stops. But from the sound of Delta's notice they are talking about red eyes anyway. Celebrity may have more pull than the average TA in any changes.

Hi Joray. The connections are what bug me. A couple weeks ago Delta cancelled my return flight, and long-story-short, X stuck me on a 13 hour flight (was 5) from FLL to Des moines. My TA had a terrible time getting X to get me better connections.

I don't me to bore anyone, but that thread is here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=233753&highlight=delta+shoe+drops

Update:

Yes, the cruise line air can be cancelled (and has been). I lose the $75 I paid for custom air and a $50 penalty. The net result will still be in my favor, as the charges for the replacement are less than the original prices paid. Better connections too, and best of all NO DELTA.

I posted a concern similar to this , which failed to show up on the board.

My air has been changed three times in six weeks for a November cruise on Infinity (even though I paid for Custom Air timing ) Latest has me leaving home at 4a.m. even though I am going a day early(so not tied to boarding). There is a through flight from my Gateway city, at a much more convenient time and I was to take that, now who knows when I will fly or where to.

Also I wonder about Deltas last minute cancellations, since the tickets from Celebrity are "NON TRANSFERABLE"!

The cruise line will NOT GET YOU THERE, believe me I know this from bitter experience from May , with Cunard, Delta ran over 2 hours LATE from Gateway city, so I missed the connecting flight , (I had allowed 90 mins for changeover) Delta refused to transfer my ticket, made me buy another one, then put me on standby. They failed to put my luggage on planes for over 24 hours, and when I reached London, Cunard meet/transport to hotel failed also reason "we do not meet solo passengers and we do not meet at Gatwick on Sundays"

A number of airlines are doing this. American Airlines, one of the most profitable was the first. So if profitable airlines are doing this, shouldn't ones in bankruptcy be doing the same

Very true, and they are allowed to. I always say, it is not that a problem occurs, but how it is handled. Delta was handling it poorly so they have lost my business.

US Air used to do this on their La Guardia-Boston shuttle. Oh, they'd never SAY that was what they were doing, but they had an hourly shuttle when I used to live in New York over a decade ago. I was dating someone living in Boston at the time, so I flew it all the time. I can not tell you how many times I'd go to my ticketed flight and I'd see a notice that it was cancelled due to mechanical problems, or weather (on a bright clear day in all of New England), or air traffic control overloading, or crew problems (not enough flight attendants). Everyone knew they were just doing it to consolidate under-sold flights. They'd do things like cancel the 10am, put everyone on the 11am, and the 11am would still only be like 1/2 full. And this was a good 10 years before US Air declared bankruptcy.

I had arrangements thru Custom Air but wasn't happy with the flights. Red eye to SJU via MIA in coach. Asked if we could upgrade the SFO-MIA segment, Custom Air refused eventhough American said yes. Cancelled the Custom for a $50.00 fee. Went on Orbitz and arranged for 1st class on all segments for about $200.00 more per person. Definitely worth it being such a long trip from SFO to SJU WITH a connection on a red eye. Not going to use cruise arranged flights again. You just have to remember to give yourself a time cushion. We get in at 12:30 p.m. for an 11:00 p.m. departure. It may be cutting it close being that we are now going through IAD rather than MIA in November but...

Archived