Fleet Street Hotel, Dublin

Li'lImp

Has anyone stayed at the Fleet Street Hotel in Dublin? I would be interested in your experiences/opinions. Also, does anyone know if they offer the option to store your luggage prior to check-in?

Thank you in advance for your responses!

A quick scan of Tripadvisor reviews shows that noise is the main complaint. Maybe not surprising for a city centre hotel.

I couldn't see anything about luggage, but in my experience, most hotels will allow you to drop you luggage off prior to check in - you just need to ask before you book.

Thank you for your reply, Bob. I'm familiar with the online reviews. I was hoping to pick the brain of a like-minded individual (aka cruiser) or two. It's very difficult to ask follow-up questions on the review sites. ;)

I live in Dublin and, when in town today, called into the Fleet Street hotel and spoke to the receptionist. He confirmed that the hotel does have a luggage storage room. It is not an hotel that I would stay in, but then it is not aimed at old fogeys like me.

The hotel is situated in Temple Bar which is the entertainment district of Dublin. It is surrounded by bars and clubs, so would be very noisy for most of the night. It is a budget hotel and is ideally situated for young people who are in Dublin for the weekend and can collapse into their beds in the small hours after a night's partying in Temple Bar.

The people I saw entering and leaving the hotel were all young. If you are in this demographic then the Fleet Street hotel might suit. But if you are tucked up in bed by midnight, and desire a good night's sleep, then I would advise you to look elsewhere.

Dermot

Thank you, Dermot! That was very sweet of you to make that extra stop on my behalf. Your first hand observations are very helpful! I may feel like a youngster in my heart, but I believe I would be unhappy at this hotel based on your report. :(