last minute planning help

julie2s

Our first Disney cruise with our grandchildren departs on April 18th. We can book activities on February 3rd. Their ages are 7 (boy) and 6 (girl) Are there any things you would recommend that we be sure to book (other the obvious character/princess meet and greets) They are fussy eaters so brunch or dinner at Palo or Remy's would not be worth the up charge. I'm thinking it might be nice for us, but wondering which date/time would be the best choice as we don't want to miss a special dinner with the kids. Also, what about the Oceaneer's club? Do kids their age enjoy it? We had originally booked Comfort Suites Resort for a day in Nassau, but have since decided to stay on ship relax that day. Lastly, the kids love snorkeling and we are bringing their own equipment but I'm wondering if the stingray adventure on Castaway Cay is worth doing? Lot's of questions, I know Thanks for any and all replies. :cool:

Remy and Palo are both strictly for adults 18+ at all times, so the grandchildren would not be allowed. However, Palo is by far my favorite restaurant at sea. I highly recommend at least booking brunch while you are onboard. Brunch will only be offered on the sea day which would be the last day of your voyage, Thursday. If you and any of the adults in your party would like to eat at Palo/Remy make sure you don't do it the night you are at Castaway Cay (Wednesday). This is the Pirates in the Caribbean night which you will want to be at dinner with the entire family this night. I would suggest the 2nd night of your cruise if you are going to make a dinner reservation there.

I absolutely loved my time in the Oceaneer's Club/Lab back in the day. I still remember going and having the best time. I know my niece and nephew never want to leave when I have to go pick them up nowadays.

I have personally done the Castaway Rays Port Adventure twice. I honestly don't find it worth the price for my age. It's not much of an "adventure" However it seems to be geared for younger children which is nice for them. For example, you don't see as many screaming children afraid to go into the water as compared to Stingray City in Grand Cayman.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

Each child is different and it is impossible to predict what any one child would like. My daughter felt that her only time in the OC (at that time it went up to age 7) was her favorite time on the ship. Her experiences in the lab were mixed, but none as "magical" as the club.

Palo and Remy are adult dining. The children are not allowed. I would suggest that you enjoy all the "included" dining on your first trip. Then you are in a position to decide what you might choose to miss on a second cruise.

We've had better stingray experiences--Stingray City at Grand Cayman (coupled with a snorkel experience), the stingray tank at Discovery Cove in Orlando are two examples. Again, I'd enjoy the snorkeling (no charge if they bring their own equipment or they can rent it there), the beach, and some of the other activities. Many families don't even look at the Navigator for that day--the kids might enjoy the dancing, the crab races, etc. These are all family oriented. You might choose the package that includes a beach float or tube, snorkel equipment, and bikes for an hour. The "hour" is on island time--no one pays attention to what time you check them out or bring them back, but about an hour is sufficient to tour the island comfortably.