Our take on the Escape 1/9-1/16

Pappion

"In summary, this was not a bad trip. How can you have a completely bad time when you’re on a ship in the gorgeous Caribbean? However, DH and I both agree that when they built the Escape, they kept the same amount of public spaces , but added too many more staterooms. Everything is and felt way more crowded ..."

We spent a week on the Allure last month and felt exactly the same way. We also felt that there was not enough activities going on for the 6300 people on board. Karaoke was held in "On-Air" and every time there was very little seating and the entire room was filled with people standing.

Hi, I have a quick question. I saw you did the early walk off with your luggage. How early were they letting people get off? We are going in March and need to get off asap since we have a late morning flight out of FLL. Thanks!

Hi, I have a quick question. I saw you did the early walk off with your luggage. How early were they letting people get off? We are going in March and need to get off asap since we have a late morning flight out of FLL. Thanks!

We went up to the Haven restaurent at 615 AM and they called for us at 715 to get off ship. I know we were first off because there wad nobody in customs. We took crew elevatores to deck seven and we were off the ship. Not sure about the rest of ship.

I believe the first announcement came right around 7:15. You should have no issues. We walked right through customs and our biggest wait was for the shuttle to fill up to MIA. If we had taken a cab we would have been there earlier.

For what its worth, we did self walk off on the Pearl two years ago and took a cab to FLL and were able to switch our flight from an 11am to a 930am because we got there so early. If you have a late morning you shouldn't have a problem.

What does a cab cost from Miami to FLL?

Back then it was about $60 plus tip.

That was before we discovered Uber. I'd recommend Uber over a cab any day now. We used them and they were 1/3 the cost of a cab anywhere else we went in Miami. We only did the shuttle thing this time because we got offered a good deal ($10/pp) as we were walking to the taxi stand to request an Uber.