Room Service on Grand

sharkaymon

I think room service on Princess has become more limited also. Breakfast is limited, and write-in requests are no longer honored - or at least that seems to be the "rule". I've never used room service for any other meal.

If you are in a suite (minis included??) you can order from the dining room menu for room service. Reports have varied about the other cabin categories. I want to know the answers too, so will mark this thread for notification when someone more knowledgeable answers.

I will be on the Grand in just a few short days (WOOOHOOO!) I've heard a lot about room service for suites, but nothing for interior stateroom. Since a 12-night Med criuise with balcony was just a smidge out of budget, I have an interior (JJ) booked. I'll post here once I return including (if possible) a sample of the menu offerings.

I was on the Grand for my honeymoon (March 04). I called and asked for eggs benedict and they made them for me. We also called during the day and asked for a dinner menu to be sent up. We ordered room service from the dinner menu a few times and ate on our balcony. We made sure to tip the waiter and one time he even returned with a plate of pasteries.

My experience is that they try to give you what you ask for.

FYI- we were on a Norwegian cruise last year and they did not deliver from the dinner menu.

jennew's experience used to be the norm for Princess room service. I hope her report is an indication of things returning to better choices for room service. What category cabin did you have, jennew?

Here's the scoop on breakfast as we did not order anything else except tortilia chips and guacomola dip one evening.

This was our 10th trip on Princess. Up until our Island Princess trip last March, we were always able to either write in what we wanted on the menu sheet to be placed on the door or call room service in the morning and request a hot breakfast. On the Island Princess, I was shocked when they refused my request for bacon and eggs. We were told this was only provided to passengers in the suites or to those with Elite status. We placed a complaint with the Pursers office and they begrudgingly provided us a set of breakfast menus that were for passengers in the suites.

When we returned home, we contacted passenger relations of Princess Cruises to get an understanding of what their policy is regarding room service. After a couple of letters from them, we finally got a straight answer. Only continental breakfast is offered to passengers who are not in a suite. HOWEVER, it is also Princess Cruises policy to never say NO to any reasonable request and that includeds a hot breakfast in ones stateroom. They emailed The Grand Princess to let them know we were coming and to provide us what we wanted for breakfast. We ordered a hot breakfast on 3 mornings out of 12 and it was delivered with a smile.

The bottom line - if you have a problem just let them know that you know Princess's official policy - NEVER SAY NO!!!

Here's the scoop on breakfast as we did not order anything else except tortilia chips and guacomola dip one evening.

This was our 10th trip on Princess. Up until our Island Princess trip last March, we were always able to either write in what we wanted on the menu sheet to be placed on the door or call room service in the morning and request a hot breakfast. On the Island Princess, I was shocked when they refused my request for bacon and eggs. We were told this was only provided to passengers in the suites or to those with Elite status. We placed a complaint with the Pursers office and they begrudgingly provided us a set of breakfast menus that were for passengers in the suites.

When we returned home, we contacted passenger relations of Princess Cruises to get an understanding of what their policy is regarding room service. After a couple of letters from them, we finally got a straight answer. Only continental breakfast is offered to passengers who are not in a suite. HOWEVER, it is also Princess Cruises policy to never say NO to any reasonable request and that includeds a hot breakfast in ones stateroom. They emailed The Grand Princess to let them know we were coming and to provide us what we wanted for breakfast. We ordered a hot breakfast on 3 mornings out of 12 and it was delivered with a smile.

The bottom line - if you have a problem just let them know that you know Princess's official policy - NEVER SAY NO!!!

Not sure if this is good or bad. I guess it's good if you really want it but I hate being the type to make a stink just to get a couple of eggs? I do not begrudge anyone who does. It just isn't me. Thanks for the info!!

Archived