Sun Princess - just booked my first Princess cruise - need help with cabin

cruisingw/mom

Hi All!!

I am hoping someone could help me with my cabin. I booked a balcony room on the Sun Princess (room A614). The brochure picture of the ship shows this white thing in front of it. Does anyone know what this could be? The brochure doesn't mentioned the view being obstructed - so this couldn't be the window washing thing right?

Anyone been in this cabin or in a room next to it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Shelly

My brochure doesn't show any "white thing" in front of this cabin. I was in 511 and it was fine. I think all balcony cabins on the Sun Princess are identical, just different locations.

We are booked for December 2nd on the Sun, BB guarantee, still no cabin assignment.

I assume your referring to the overall picture of the Sun at anchor, not the deck plans.

Looks to me like it's probably a window washing platform used when the windows of the deck above you (Riviera) are being washed. This is well above your sight line and will certainly not interfere with your views.

Island Princess - Hawaii, Nov.5/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;11;5;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Sun Princess - Feb.7/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;02;7;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

The above posters don't have a clue! On Sun Princess the balconies don't have the glass railings that are usual on Grand Class ships (it was built before that class came to be). On one of the decks, balconies have railings from about 1 foot above deck level, to the top railing, about 4 feet above deck. However, on one of the other decks, that "railing" is mostly solid steel, not "open" and "see thru". You have the opening above the railing that is of course open, but the balcony railing is solid white steel, not open.

Thanks

Norm

Norm and Maureen Reeder

NCL Sunward 1982,Eastern Carribbean, Sky Princess 1989, New England, Holland America Westerdam 1992, Panama Canal, Sun Princess 1996, Panama Canal, Rennaissance R-3 1999, Tahiti, Grand Princess, 2000 Mediterranean, Sea Princess 2001, Mexican Riviera, Grand Princess Oct 2002, Eastern and Western Carribbean, Tahitian Princess Sep, 2003, Golden Princess Southern Carribbean, May, 2004

Norm,

"The above posters do not have a clue"

I have been on the Sun Princess and do have a clue. There is absolutely no reason for your rude response.

Gloria

Jubilee 12-88;Song of America 12-90; Fantasy 12-91;Sovereign of the Sea 8-92; Fair Princess 11-94;Crown Princess 1-96;Star Princess 12-96;Sun Princess 11-97;Pacific Princess 6-00;Grand Princess 12-00;Golden Princess 11-01;Star Princess 11-02;Golden Princess 12-03.

Next up Sun Princess 12-04

Both the Sun and the Dawn Princess, balcony staterooms, do not have the "see through" wall under the balcony railings the wall is solid and you need to stand up for views of the ocean. Also the open area above the railing is not as wide as the balcony. The view is not obstructed just not as large as the Grand Class ships.

Future cruises:

May 04 Amsterdam

Sept. 04 Star Princess x 2

Jan. 05 Diamond Princess

July 05 Star Princess

Aug. 05 Star Pincess

Past cruises:

04 Dawn Princess x 2

03 Grand,Sun,Tahitian,

Royal Princess x 2,Island Princess

01 Ryndam x 2

00 Sky Princess